Question about color ring for toggle switches

Scented Meat

Power User
I have an FC-12 switch set to toggle between Scenes 5 and 6. If I'm on, say, Scene 4 and I activate that switch, Scene 5 becomes active and the color ring lights up. If I activate that switch a second time Scene 6 becomes active (as desired) and the color ring goes dark. I realize this is expected behavior, but is there a way to have the color ring remain brightly lit (and/or change color) when Scene 6 is activated?

Last edited:
I dont think so,

I'm hoping as well that they eventually change this to allow us to change the ring color when the channel is changed Id have like
Channel A: Green
Channel B: Yellow
C: Orange
D: Red

This way if i want a custom label, ill have a quick color reference to see after I've changed channels

It would be great to have custom labels for each channel too

It would be nice if the preset switches could optionally reflect the colours that presets are tagged with as well. I use colour coding to identify different types of presets in Axe-Edit, it would be handy if that carried over to my presets layout on the FC as well.

I have an FC-12 switch set to toggle between Scenes 5 and 6. If I'm on, say, Scene 4 and I activate that switch, Scene 5 becomes active and the color ring lights up. If I activate that switch a second time Scene 6 becomes active (as desired) and the color ring goes dark. I realize this is expected behavior, but is there a way to have the color ring remain brightly lit (and/or change color) when Scene 6 is activated?
i recently have had a similar thought, mostly from a "is it working correctly" stand point though.

i think the intention was for the Scene switches to indicate which Scene you are currently on, if set to the Primary Tap function. since the S6 is the Secondary for your setup, the light dims to indicate you aren't on the Primary Scene anywhere.

so i don't think they'd make this specific thing an option all by itself. i would think a full-blown "custom light and color" option would have to be implemented, so people could completely change the logic that's present.

By “goes dark” do you mean off or dimmed? On my FC, the ring turns completely off. I think this is a bug. It should revert to being dimmed.

Yes it's off by design. I'd just rather have the option to render it dim when inactive, and one of two (bright) colors when toggled. Dead horse now thoroughly beaten.

It’s off because neither of the 2 functions are active.

I see your point. BUT, it has assigned functions that can be activated again. Consider when you have a Per-Preset Override set for a footswitch but you leave its Category/Function Unassigned. The default is for the LED ring to be off which is logical. No LED ring illumination = no function assigned.

Yes it's off by design. I'd just rather have the option to render it dim when inactive, and one of two (bright) colors when toggled.

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom