Question about Cab Input type and Null mic?

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
so I set up this patch today and I initially had the input on both cabs set to stereo, but I have one panned left and the other panned right
so is this when the new input parameter should be set to left/right?
JVMStereopatch_zps2551963c.png

also what is the difference between a null mic and None?

it's in the release notes i believe.

None means no mic. no additional "eq" or "coloration" to the tone.

Null is a setting where no additional "eq" is added (just like None), but you can use the Proximity parameter to add low frequency to the cab/tone. 0 Proximity is no bass boost, and would be identical to None. the higher the Proximity value, the more low end frequency is added, just like you'd get with a real mic getting closer to the source.

so is this when the new input parameter should be set to left/right?

Yes. Input select = left and Balance -100 for one cab. Input select = right and Balance +100 for the other.

If Input select is "STEREO" and the cab mode (Effect Type parameter) is NOT stereo it will sum the left & right.

just tested the stock TV cab with mic set to none and proximity at 3.......F'n a it sounds great, more stuff to play around with :)

just tested the stock TV cab with mic set to none and proximity at 3.......F'n a it sounds great, more stuff to play around with :)

I don't think the proximity parameter does anything if the mic is set to NONE.

The mic has to be set to NULL. And then the proximity parameter actually does something.

Back
Top Bottom