Question about assigning and External controller to the Output 1 volume

guitarjim

Experienced
Hi,

First of all, a warning, I've only had my Axe for two days, so I am definitely an EN OH OH BEE!

With that said, since the MFCs are a month or so from delivery, I am trying to get my HD500 working as a MIDI controller and I have everything working, except I'm missing something on the Axe unit.

I have the two pedals talking to the Axe just fine because I can assign either one to a modifier in a preset.

However, I was watching a video about setting up an MFC and the dude said that if you hook up an expression pedal as External 1, the system automatically assigns it to globally control the volume on Output 1. That implies that there should be a way to do this manually, but I haven't been able to find it. I'd like to set External 1 (or External 2) to do that same thing - globally control the volume of Output 1. Can someone fill in the missing piece?

Thanks very much.

all you need is send midi CC11 with your expression pedal for output 1 and CC12 for output 2......
or simply go to I/O CTRL menu and change OUT1 volume to "Pedal" to use the Axe pedal input

Back
Top Bottom