Queensryche

Sixstring

Legend!
I haven't been following QR for a wile, I found a vid and to my surprise Tate has been replaced :shock by Todd La Torre. Kind of a bummer, I have been so used to seeing Jeoff fronting but Todd is for real he can definitely can bring it. .

yes huge ugly divorce... Taint assaulted band members, told them where to stand on stage, all kinds of crap.. got real ugly.

Being a huge Queensryche of days ago, I don't have any real interest in them with Geoff Tate and Chris DeGarmo gone. The new singer, as you say, "can bring it" for sure. Just not the same for me. Being a guitar player.(as most of us here are) I can honestly say that to me Geoff was, (for the most part) the face and sound of Queensryche. He was the only reason I became such a big fan of them. Moreover, I always found myself, (for the most part) listening to the bass lines and drumming over the guitar playing.

Saw them a couple times. First time opening for Dio and the second was opening for Metallica on the first world tour of "And Justice for All". Memorable.

I'm in the same camp it's just not the same in fact I was on the out when Chris left. I did see them at House of Blues Anaheim quite a few years back and Jeoff was incredible. To watch him check out when he is singing, you know he is in his zone.

they have been so hideous since the album after mindcrime, even that wasnt great, but in the day wow, great prog metal pioneers. greatest scream ever opening song ep, queen of the reiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich!

Being a huge Queensryche of days ago, I don't have any real interest in them with Geoff Tate and Chris DeGarmo gone. The new singer, as you say, "can bring it" for sure. Just not the same for me. Being a guitar player.(as most of us here are) I can honestly say that to me Geoff was, (for the most part) the face and sound of Queensryche. He was the only reason I became such a big fan of them. Moreover, I always found myself, (for the most part) listening to the bass lines and drumming over the guitar playing.

Saw them a couple times. First time opening for Dio and the second was opening for Metallica on the first world tour of "And Justice for All". Memorable.

I saw those tours as well. There was a tour where they played Mindcrime in it's entirety, maybe it was on the EMPIRE tour? They got really commercial sounding on EMPIRE (which helped them become more widely popular) and then went into the crapper after that. Degarmo leaving was the last straw for me. Can't really blame the members for wanting to continue to live the dream. The singer is pretty bad ass but sometimes it sounds a little like karaoke to me.

LMAO...!!! Agreed Degarmo is one of my all time favorites after he left they just weren't the same... Although I still went to see them because of Tate... he was Amazing...! The first half of the Show was all their hits and then the Second Half of the Show was Operation Mindcrime in it's entirety he looked possesed .. probably the best Vocal Performance I've ever seen Live..

Last edited:
Promised Land was a great album too. A lot darker than most of what they did before, and had a great fat production. After that though...

Till "Promised Land" they were stellar. After they went down the drain but sadly it was due to my one time favorite singer Mr.Geoff Tate. I wouldn't say he was the sound and master behind the band he was part of it. Read all the credits of all the albums until he became a dictating control freak and you'll see Michale Wilton and Chris Degarmo contributed a lot even in the lyrics department. Queensryche was started by Michale Wilton and Scott Rockenfield. Wilton has been underrated but he wrote many amazing riffs along with Chris Degarmo.

Sadly Queensryche became a one man show with Geoff's cynical,pathetic,and embarrassing concepts and ideas of how Queensrcyhe should sound. He calls the first 5 albums of the band "Stupid" and "Immature",the albums that got them the fans. He has done way too much noticeable crap,that was being ignored for too long by the band and the fans. He started writing with sessions musicians and recording stuff with them. Keep the band out of the creative process,when they wanted to work and he just used them as a live band for his selfish desires.

I used to be a big fan of Tate but he is nothing more than a complete douche bag. Spitting on Rockenfield in the public,not involving the band in the creative process for more than 10 to 15 years. He is actually the reason why Chirs Degarmo actually left the band. Seriously I am glad they got rid of him,there was no other way. The Goeff Tate of the classic days and the Goeff Tate of the present are two very different people artistically and personally.

It's a shame how things went down but I am looking forward to what they bring with Todd in the future. Exciting times ahead guys :D.

I'm sort of torn about it. I was a pretty big fan and its disappointing to see them split like this but I also support bands that decide to continue onward with a new singer when their old singer becomes an insufferable ass.

Hard to know what really happened here, even though the entire band seems to be unified about their story.

The moral of the story is that its just flat out bad business to have other people's family members working in your company.

I like Mindcrime and Empire, I haven't really kept up with them since then. I always thought they were a great dual guitar band and once Degarmo left, that kind of took some of the soul of the band with it. I've always love Tate's tone, but sad to hear he's such a dick.

He is actually the reason why Chirs Degarmo actually left the band.

Just curious.... What evidence do you have of this?

I'm in agreement with most others here. LaTorre does a good job but it's no longer Queensryche. Ironic that the two truly irreplaceable members of the band are the ones who have gone. I really have little interest in following them further.

The final performance vid looks like it was pretty good you couldn't really tell that there was any issues.

...just Tate looking like he's mad at the world. His makeup and outfits have been getting more S&M over the years - he seems to have become fascinated with that whole vibe. Those expressions of his just seem to get more creepy and dark too. Insulting the crowd (30:30) and the going into "Silent Lucidity" is classic...there's a distinct lack of eye contact between Tate and the other guys. It's probably good they were on a huge stage.

I was a big QR fan up through the Promised Land era. Since then, Tate has led them down a different path (Cabaret band?), and they totally lost their way. QR with a new singer is way more interesting than what they've become unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom