Queensryche “Another Rainy Day” full cover, Axe-Fx II

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
Decided to try my hand at something other than Dream Theater. I had never played this before recording it last night so it was fun to learn. Played my Suhr Modern into my Axe FX with the latest Quantum 2.01 Firmware. Used one rhythm patch I made (has X/Y for 2 amps) for all the rhythm and harmony tones, one patch for the lead and I tried to tone match the clean sound using a preset I found on the forum. So yes I know the tones aren't exact, but I think they came out pretty decent.

Rhythm and Lead both used the same Ownhammer cabs (from Mar V30 pack) OH 412 MAR-CB V30 57-00 and OH 412 MAR-CB V30 421-00, clean uses a cab included in ultra res samples OH 412 MAR-CB M-SB-75 Studio-Mo

Attachments

• Another rainy night.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Another rainy night lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Clean for humbuckers.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 36
Right on nhgtrman! Nice attention to detail! You make me want to accelerate my familiarity with my new Axe XL....
(Pardon my "newbie" question, where do you find your backing tracks?? -- coming from an 11 Rack, I often didn't have the patience in tweaking for hours to come close to a tone match... )

Thanks for the 'Ryche song!

Right on nhgtrman! Nice attention to detail! You make me want to accelerate my familiarity with my new Axe XL....
(Pardon my "newbie" question, where do you find your backing tracks?? -- coming from an 11 Rack, I often didn't have the patience in tweaking for hours to come close to a tone match... )

Thanks for the 'Ryche song!

Most of the backing tracks I get off youtube, this one I bought using the Jammit software and recorded it off my laptop into an Mbox interface going into my iMac and then into garageband

Back
Top Bottom