Pick your favorite band...

• Total voters
you left out the poll option called "couldn't give a monkey's"

but i think dream theater have to take it. i do have a soft spot for queensryche, but they're output is very patchy...only two albums worth mentioning, imo...

I went with DT. Queensryche was my favorite band for a long time but they've been hard to listen to since DeGarmo left.

you left out the poll option called "couldn't give a monkey's"

but i think dream theater have to take it. i do have a soft spot for queensryche, but they're output is very patchy...only two albums worth mentioning, imo...

Which 2 are you faves?

Both are some of my favorite bands.
Queensryche have released some great albums in the past but DT has always been stellar.
On the bright side the new Queensryche CD with Todd La Torre on vocals is going to be killer.

Already heard two tracks and I can tell the original Queensryche sound is back in the band,TATE released
an embarrassing album yet again. The founding members of Queensryche with Parker Lundgren and Todd La Torre
have a bright future.

Without Degarmo, it's not Queensryche to me, although that's cool they're sounding good. The little bit of media coverage I've seen makes Tate seem like a complete tool, although that's probably unfair. I always loved his vocals, but DeGarmo is the main reason I love those two albums.

Rage for order, Operation: Mindcrime and Empire are 3 of my all time favourite albums.
Especially RFO, that is a very underated album - Very unique sounding, and Tate at the height of his powers!
The later stuff (Promised land was OK) was really bad and destroyed their name and reputation and what is going on today is just sad!

Listened to DT since way back ( bought When dream and day unite when it came out)
Starting to loose interest around Falling into Infinity and have not heard the later albums much.
Last one I bought was Scenes from a memory I think it was called.. just got really tired of LaBrie' s voice, especially when seeing them live.
How can such good musicians stand to have a vocalist who sings a whole concert off key??
Seen them four times. The I&W tour was amazing but the couple of last times it was not as good, maybe because I did not like the later songwriting as much.

Queensryche wins for me. Of course Wilson and DeGarmo were no Petrucci's technically, but what amazing and memorable parts they played.

Back
Top Bottom