Quantum: Some amp and cab blocks aren't copying correctly

nccarg

Inspired
I have an AXE FX II Mark II.

So far I've had 2 situations where I was copying the amp and cab blocks from one preset to another.

CA TRIPTIK MODERN: The x-amp was fine but the y-amp was changed to one of the JMPRE models.

CAR ROAMER: There's the y-amp JMPRE model again. There is no sound from the Carr (I didn't check the JMPRE). I checked the Input Level, MV, and Output Level but couldn't find the problem. I tried it more than once, as well as trying to send it to another preset and got the same result every time. Also, when copying the cab black from the Carr preset the y-cab went back to the default instead of loading the User Cab.

Ok.

I can't quite reproduce your problems. I started with an empty patch and then copied AMP 1 from a factory patch that had Triptick Modern in it. It copied fine. The Y side was messed up, but the Y side had never been setup in the factory patch to begin with. I was able to get the Y side working by double pressing BYPASS to do a full reset of the Y side settings. This set it back to 59 BASSGUY and from there everything was fine.

In my case I'm fairly certain the Y side screwiness is just an artifact of an aging factory preset that hasn't ever had its Y side adjusted in any way.

I went to the factory patch (095 Triptik Modern) and set the Y side up to be a copy of the X side. Verified it was sane. And then went back to my test patch and copied AMP 1 from 095 in to it. This time the Y side was, as expected, a copy of the X side and worked fine.

Similar experiment with the CAB 1 block yielded similar results.

Post the patch you're copying from and the patch you're coping to maybe?

Can't reproduce on my Axe-Fx II Mk1.

As Ian said, post the patch so we check it out.

Hey guys, thanks for trying to help.

I had some time to try a few things this afternoon. I couldn't reproduce the problem on the Triptik MDRN, but I only tried it once. I then tried the Carr and did reproduce it multiple times, including copying from a new preset with just an amp and cab. Then I tried a few others and duplicated the problem with Div13CJ and a SOLO 100 LEAD. I started to look for a common cause and found that all of them were saved with the amp in the y-state. The cab issue seems to be caused by being saved in the y-state too (it winds up on the default setting). Every now and again (maybe 1 in 5?) it would copy everything correctly but I haven't figured out a reason for that.

I don't have my computer and Axe FX in the same room. I may try reinstalling the firmware. When I do that I'll check to see if the problem is solved and then post one of those presets that I'm copying from if it's not. I've never attempted that before so I hope it's easy :)

By the way, no factory presets are involved here and I always have both an x and y amp to choose from. I don't always have x and y cabs but I did in these situations. Oh, and the specific amp model that winds up in the y-state is JMPRE-1OD2 BS.

I'll retry with a preset that has AMP 1 saved with the y-state active.

Would still like your presets when you can get near a computer.

Ok guys, my plans got rained out tonight so I had time to reload the firmware and try again. I was wrong about it just being y-state, it's both. I tried 2 different presets (not factory) and had the issue with both. The Liverpool has both the amp and cab in the x-state while the Matchless DC-30 has both in the y-state. I tried to copy the amp and cab blocks into a couple of different presets and they wound up with the JMPRE-1OD2 BS and 1x6 Oval each time.

Iaresee, it doesn't seem to matter which preset I try to copy to. I used several different destinations, including trying to copy from the Matchless to the Liverpool.

Attachments

• Liverpool.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Matchless DC-30.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting. I decided I would try to use Axe Edit 3.2.0 while I was hooked up to the computer. So far each block is copying just fine. But if I go back to the front panel it doesn't.

Ok guys, my plans got rained out tonight so I had time to reload the firmware and try again. I was wrong about it just being y-state, it's both. I tried 2 different presets (not factory) and had the issue with both. The Liverpool has both the amp and cab in the x-state while the Matchless DC-30 has both in the y-state. I tried to copy the amp and cab blocks into a couple of different presets and they wound up with the JMPRE-1OD2 BS and 1x6 Oval each time.

Iaresee, it doesn't seem to matter which preset I try to copy to. I used several different destinations, including trying to copy from the Matchless to the Liverpool.

I loaded your patches into my Axe-FX II MK 1, but can't reproduce this bug. Everything working fine here.

BTW, love your Liverpool patch!

Thanks Voes, I'm a big fan of the Trainwrecks. I successfully copied an amp and cab block for a new preset today. It was from a different preset than the ones I'd previously tried. Maybe the problem is intermittent or maybe it's something else within some of my presets that's causing a problem. Since there are other ways to build the new presets I want I'll continue to use the Quantum beta. Hopefully the official release will solve this mystery.

I tried, with your presets, and can't recreate the problem. I'm able to copy the AMP and CAB blocks around without any issues. Are you using global blocks or anything like that?

If it can't be reproduced, it can't be debugged, it can't be fixed -- so don't hold hope another firmware release will address it...

I tried, with your presets, and can't recreate the problem. I'm able to copy the AMP and CAB blocks around without any issues. Are you using global blocks or anything like that?

If it can't be reproduced, it can't be debugged, it can't be fixed -- so don't hold hope another firmware release will address it...

No global blocks. I guess no one else has had this problem either or they would've joined in the discussion by now. Thanks for trying.

MkI user here, and had a similar issue when copying x to y on the cab block. Y sounded off, and I had to change Y mode to have it working as X. I believe X was in Ultrares mode and Y had to be changed to normal otherwise it sounds off. Using frontpanel to copy xy status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice that someone is "watching" this thread so I wanted to give an update. I'm using Quantum v1.01 and nothing has changed. I even tried the latest version of Axe-Edit and had another unusual issue. I copied the amp block (x=JC120, y=Gibson Scout) from one preset to another and it seemed fine at first. But I wanted a JC in both slots so I copied x to y. The volume dropped to about half and there was that JMPRE in the y again. Do I need to reset the system parameters or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom