Quantum final release estimation date?

It was a good question and respectfully submitted. :encouragement:

Some of the members can be a bit over protective and for good reason.

I haven't had a single issue with it other than some of the parameters not being available in AxeEdit, but those aren't available with v19 either. I'm not running an XL so the cab location issues that I've seen posted a few times may just affect those people because of the added slots. Not certain. But the question was stability and I don't think that I've seen one person say that it hasn't been solid for them.

I suppose the big questions would be if you think that Quantum sounds better enough to need to use it and the other would be if you absolutely need to save the same exact tone for later on for live or maybe doing some retakes or re-amping later on where you may have to roll it back.

I was just backing everything up read this and remembered oh no axe edit as of yet..
I really rely on that so much faster to edit move along checking each patch...

Shasha did you notice anything changing in scenes or any block settings getting changed or bumped off from where they were before ?

I noticed this and had to go patch by patch and scene by scene to make sure there were no surprises im still doing that
but now im thinking back it up again and just move on to Quantum...

I still will hold for axe edit.. I am really curious though..

I guess you'd say my day job was as a software developer so release schedules are the bane of my life but also the saviour.

The bane of my life because sometimes you get slippage which makes it harder to conform to the schedule, and the saviour because it restricts scope creep which would contribute to slippage.

It's been said before, but in regards to firmware it's done when it's done and we all reap the benefits.

Here, scope is (thankfully) undefined. Here, scope is only limited by the imagination and innovation of the creator. He wisely creates hardware with flexibility to accommodate what hasn't been invented yet. It's only when the box can no longer contain the idea that the box becomes obsolete.

In my opinion Fractal has done a DAMN good job of softening the landing on end-of-life for a given box. We who have one all know that the Axe-FX II Mk.II is the low end of the spectrum and will eventually be obsolesced, but they've ben outstanding in increasing the life cycle by incrementally developing over top of it and including it at the same time. That doubles the effort and if they were a lesser (and ironically bigger) company they wouldn't bother.

A good example where growth is not envisioned or planned is the Eleven Rack. The scope for that product was defined and met. Avid killed it because it didn't fit into what they wanted Digidesign to be when they took over. Now it's considered abandonware.
Could it have been a great box? For a few minutes it was.
Did it have the flexibility for growth? I don't know.
All I do know know is that Fractal is alive and well because of what they do and how they do it.
I pray that the uninformed hue and cry over beta releases by people that have not 1 clue as to what they're talking about doesn't put a damper on that.

IMO don't spend too much time tweaking. Pick the FW you are comfortable with now and dial up those tones knowing it's all going to change in a very short time.

Here, scope is (thankfully) undefined. Here, scope is only limited by the imagination and innovation of the creator. He wisely creates hardware with flexibility to accommodate what hasn't been invented yet. It's only when the box can no longer contain the idea that the box becomes obsolete.

In my opinion Fractal has done a DAMN good job of softening the landing on end-of-life for a given box. We who have one all know that the Axe-FX II Mk.II is the low end of the spectrum and will eventually be obsolesced, but they've ben outstanding in increasing the life cycle by incrementally developing over top of it and including it at the same time. That doubles the effort and if they were a lesser (and ironically bigger) company they wouldn't bother.

A good example where growth is not envisioned or planned is the Eleven Rack. The scope for that product was defined and met. Avid killed it because it didn't fit into what they wanted Digidesign to be when they took over. Now it's considered abandonware.
Could it have been a great box? For a few minutes it was.
Did it have the flexibility for growth? I don't know.
All I do know know is that Fractal is alive and well because of what they do and how they do it.
I pray that the uninformed hue and cry over beta releases by people that have not 1 clue as to what they're talking about doesn't put a damper on that.
I feel like the 11R could have been more if Avid hadn't abandoned it. I used one for a little over a year, but quickly reached a limit with it.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Me too,
I thought it showed so much promise but in reality it was a pretty piece of orange aluminium in my rack that gave no joy. The axe on the other hand motivates me in ways I couldn't predict....to the point of distraction. my fractal products are some of the best musical purchases I've ever made.

Pauly

I feel like the 11R could have been more if Avid hadn't abandoned it. I used one for a little over a year, but quickly reached a limit with it.

Reactions: J.C
G'day Boardwalk,
Seems it may effect some harder than others. In my case I'm unable to choose, load , or manipulate user cabs. Everything else however works fine (omitting the v20 features of course).

Thanks Pauly

With quantum what doesn't work in axe edit? Can you still edit FX,output levels?

Thanks pauly, I play through a cab and power amp, use out 1 for foh& monitors I use mainly one IR its a Pete thorne IR. The axefx2 has gotten so good I spend more time playing now than I do messing with patches.
Thanks gary

Here, scope is only limited by the imagination and innovation of the creator. He wisely creates hardware with flexibility to accommodate what hasn't been invented yet.

Absolutely agree but that also makes me think...

Every Axe user can find out how deep the rabbit hole goes when they start using their imagination (or curiosity) to change some of the more advanced parameters, but can you imagine how deep the rabbit hole is when you are Cliff? Or how deep your imagination wants to make it?

Me too,
I thought it showed so much promise but in reality it was a pretty piece of orange aluminium in my rack that gave no joy. The axe on the other hand motivates me in ways I couldn't predict....to the point of distraction. my fractal products are some of the best musical purchases I've ever made.

Pauly

Exact same experience here. My 11R hasn't even been turned on since I plugged in the Axe.

You still have it?... Must like the colour orange haha.
The Eleven rack also helped dictate one of the brands I'll never trust when they say 'Updated firmware will be available!' in the adds. I think there was only one update in the couple of years I had the Elevenrack.... and I bought some presets at one stage. Never, ever did it sound any good regardless.

Thanks
Pauly

Exact same experience here. My 11R hasn't even been turned on since I plugged in the Axe.

This response was entirely a waste of 1 and 0's....please use them wisely!!

I swear firmware threads are the bane of Cliffs existence.

When are we getting new beta firmware?
Is the beta worth it?
When is the beta done?
Is the new official firmware worth it?

Rinse and repeat.

You still have it?... Must like the colour orange haha.
The Eleven rack also helped dictate one of the brands I'll never trust when they say 'Updated firmware will be available!' in the adds. I think there was only one update in the couple of years I had the Elevenrack.... and I bought some presets at one stage. Never, ever did it sound any good regardless.

Thanks
Pauly
Haha. I figure I'll sell it along with my midi raider to help pay for a mfc 101 when they come back into stock. I hold onto gear way better than i hold onto money.

I guess beta 1 is just beta 1 and there's some more development coming up in the next days, maybe all as a consequence of that epihany.So if you want to create presets right now, there's a risk that they change their sound...soon.

Curious to hear other people's experience with quantum behaviour on preset change via mfc and stuff like that.

Go for Quantum! Other than the above mentioned Cab numbering issue & Axe Edit not showing the new parameters, it's been rock solid for me too. I created brand new presets & also tweaked existing ones, and had zero problems performing with them. Your time would be much better spent putting time into creating / tweaking patches with the new and greatly improved models. It shouldn't change much from Quantum beta to final.

And did I mention the greatly improved models? :)

Back
Top Bottom