Quantum awesome, zero edge question?

seclusion

Experienced
So chugging along with the Quantum update, where I notice I can really hear every nuance of playing.
Finger picking, strums, chugging, and lead.
So much so that I find I get my head swinging and boom.
Break a string, right on the bridge right where the string kinks from the zero edge trem.
Yes, sure, get a hard tail.
I've filed gently around the groove. grrr.
Yes, likely me getting a little agressive on picking, but really, there has to be a magic cure!
Snooping around, Graphtech makes "string savers" replacement bridge pins for the original Floyd, which I will try on my older RG 770, but it's my second gtr now, has a million hrs on it and is now a backup.
I don't see anything for the zero edge trem?
Thoughts.

I'm not an Ibanez user but I did go and look at that bridge real close and didn't see anything really obvious that would cause string breakage, what Gauge strings are you using?

I use 10-46, on my old 770 I did use a larger gauge and didn't help much.
Seeing if Graphtech offers string savers for this trem.
That pin will work in the original Floyd trems, the reviews sound mostly positive

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I had a zero edge Ibanez for about a year and played the heck out of it even held the guitar up buy the bar and shook it showing others how well it worked and never broke a sting with .008's. maybe it was just the string? it happens to me from time to time.

Simply replacing the saddles will not fix a heavy picking hand, I would suggest working on your picking hand or use a thinner pick.

Ya I'm guessing it's partially my picking.
Again though, every break is right at the contact the string of the saddle.
Did some adjusting etc, bridge height, intonation again.
Hmmm.
Thanks
B

Also make sure you aren't overtightening the string lock blocks. Some people reef those things on like a gorilla and can even crack them. If you are mashing the string totally flat it's way more likely to break.

Back
Top Bottom