Quantum 2.00 & Axe Edit Crashing ?

ccclitz

Just updated my Axe FX II to Quantum 2.00 & Axe Edit 3.5.0. I've had some crashes when switching presets via Axe Edit. The Axe FX II also locks up as well & I have to cycle power to bring it back.

Anyone else experience this?

Just updated my Axe FX II to Quantum 2.00 & Axe Edit 3.5.0. I've had some crashes when switching presets via Axe Edit. The Axe FX II also locks up as well & I have to cycle power to bring it back.

Anyone else experience this?
is it the same presets every time?

I haven't had that problem either, with this patch cycle.

The only time i have had this happen in the past, is when A preset gets corrupted during the upgrade process. Usually Loading something over that block then restoring from a backup for the preset solves the problem.

I had this once, and after a while I realised, that a preset has gone bad and causing that crash. Everytime I scrolled through the presets at the bad preset it started to crash. I killed the preset and never happend again.

I experienced the same problem three or four times. Different presets each time. I had to power cycle the axe each time to bring it back to life. It happened only when I used the up/down arrows to select next preset. It did not happen since I select presets using the mouse only and picking a preset out of the compete list.

I haven't experience this problem. But I created a patch for the song "Rock This Town" by the Stray Cats and when I change to it I get really weird beeps and boops (and other weird computer type noises). I believe it is because of the delay. It uses a tape echo. Other than that it is a very simple patch. Compressor, drive, delay, amp, cab, and reverb are the only blocks enabled.

Win 7 32 Bit. Never had this problem until I updated yesterday. Reboot of everything didn't help. But later in the day it didn't crash once.
I just started having the issue. running a MAC 10.8.5
Had to turn off axe 6-7 times. I re installed AE. When I pick a different cab it crashes also! Ugh

.Fractal's USB drivers haven't been updated since June 2014. I guess it's worth a shot to uninstall & reinstall.

I (had to ??? ) did this last night ... wasn't sure of the issue, but felt this was the right thing to do and "presto" no more comms issues between laptop/axe edit and magic black box.

Last edited:
Did anyone get the Axe Edit 3.5.1 yet? It popped up today when I turned mine on.

Back
Top Bottom