QUANTUM 1-Octavarium Razor's Edge solo- Mark IIC+ N Cab-Pack 7

Hyper Planet

Power User
Hey guys this is my first touch with Quantum 1 Official, I can't explain how much it's awesome !, anyhow I recorded Octavarium Razor's Edge Solo from DREAM THEATER Octavarium album, JP mostly used ROADKING 2 and Mark IV for Razor's Edge Bud When I tested IIC+ for this, I Couldna overlooked that, this solo is such a huge challenging one for your hands feel !... really dynamic deep melodic solo every bend in this solo has got a lot of words for me, so following the link is the result !, I just used amp 2 cab delay and a minimal reverb in the Axe-Fx II no post processing ... etc, Just Blacky Box ;).

I used 2 IR from CP7
CHECK OUT POST #23 FOR PRESET

How does it sound in your ears ?

Last edited:
My face started melting at 1:30. Woow! :D Petrucci would be proud! Which IRs in particular did you use in this one? :)

It's very kind of you :), I'm trying to be in the chocolate cake route ;), I have a very good advise that he wrote to me when I met him :), it's on my room wall and everyday that I'm practicing the guitar I try to take a look at this, it give me a huge energy !!

About your GREAT !! IRs, Well each time I want to say to people which IR I used for a particular preset, I'd like to say the complete name of that, dunno why !? :), bud I like that way :), anyhow I used CK USA Trad SM57 A1 N CK USA Trad e906 A1

X38DMPc.jpg

Sounds great. The thing that surprised me is that your tone was so close to my IIC+ preset, though I use different pickups and different IR ( I use CP7 Alloy 421 and SM57 No.1 must of the times). I will try this combination of cabs for sure when I get the timegreat sound and playing.

Sounds great. The thing that surprised me is that your tone was so close to my IIC+ preset, though I use different pickups and different IR ( I use CP7 Alloy 421 and SM57 No.1 must of the times). I will try this combination of cabs for sure when I get the timegreat sound and playing.

Thank you for listening Soheil :), Of course BNP is so much better than DiMarzio N EMG, bud if you're saying your tone is the same as my tone it's completely another story, as for the IRs I was looking for a tone that's closer to a SM57 N KSM313, so I think tone character of this 2 IRs is closer to SM57 N KSM313, SM57-MD421 is great in CP7 but they have a nasal character to me which I don't like in this case I incriminate MD421 :)... bud sometimes I use ALLOY-SM57-MD421 01 for some of my riffs bud not for melodic or technical solos !.

Back
Top Bottom