Quantum 1.06 Metal Madness - "Braindigger" inside!

IamLukas

Hey guys,
finally got a 5 string bass and I'm simply amazed how good it sounds!
It was so much fun recording this, but I was out of ideas at the end, so...LOL
Maybe I will grab it someday and finish it.

Guitar : Friedman with cab pack 13, USA Bulb Sm57-MD421 01
Bass: Mix blend of ML Bass patch E906 + Sean's Grindy Bass Stock from this forum (thanks so much guys!)
Drums: Toontrack Metal Machine with a mix of The Progressive Foundry

Enjoy!

This sounds good even with my work office inbuilt 4" pc speaker :D COOL riffs. I need that bass preset! Have the bass cab pack too, hit me with the preset bro!? ;)
Thank you man!
I didn't do anything to those patches. Just loaded them up and recorded each of them to two seperate tracks, then Bus'd them together.
There is one of the patches: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3871
Can't find the other one on axechange, but I'm sure ML himslef will help you out ;)
Just make sure you eq the tracks differently.
On Sean's Grindy Bass patch I just left the bass came through from around 45 hz to 450 hz I think.
ML's Bass patch only does the job in the higher frequencies until 4200 khz for the clarity and punch. So cut it around 300 khz.
Enjoy!

Sounds really good! :) How much post-processing did you need on the guitars, bass and drums?
Well, guitars only have a bit of eq in the BUS, locut at 120 hz and hicut at 7800 khz. Also I always do a slight compression just to get the level going and a bit of tape simulation for the needed warm sound.

Hm, seems like many of you guys do such hicuts. Maybe I should try this also, I've actually never done that, only used locuts.

Do the drums sound like that out of the box? I'm asking because what I use for drums is a raw library, which only reduced bleed a bit, other than that it's raw and I find it VERY hard (or let me put it this way: impossible :D ) to make them sound even close to what you have. On the other hand mine sounds more natural to me.

Or maybe it's just the difference between free software and free samples compared to stuff that requires a wallet ;)

Anyways, good recording!

Hm, seems like many of you guys do such hicuts. Maybe I should try this also, I've actually never done that, only used locuts.

Do the drums sound like that out of the box? I'm asking because what I use for drums is a raw library, which only reduced bleed a bit, other than that it's raw and I find it VERY hard (or let me put it this way: impossible :D ) to make them sound even close to what you have. On the other hand mine sounds more natural to me.

Or maybe it's just the difference between free software and free samples compared to stuff that requires a wallet ;)

Anyways, good recording!
Thank you!
They sound "good" out of the box, but all that punch and the 3d sound comes from mixing and mastering.
It's most important to know what all these plugins do. Learning the basics of a compressor , multiband compressor, normal eq or linear phase eq and many more, only to name a few. I really sat down and experienced with different settings, also I found a great article named the "Systemaic Mixing Guide". It was a funny read and I learned a lot from it. Give it a go!
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ies-2-in-soviet-russia-drums-slam-you.675045/

Thank you man!
I didn't do anything to those patches. Just loaded them up and recorded each of them to two seperate tracks, then Bus'd them together.
There is one of the patches: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3871
Can't find the other one on axechange, but I'm sure ML himslef will help you out ;)
Just make sure you eq the tracks differently.
On Sean's Grindy Bass patch I just left the bass came through from around 45 hz to 450 hz I think.
ML's Bass patch only does the job in the higher frequencies until 4200 khz for the clarity and punch. So cut it around 300 khz.
Enjoy!

Thanks!

I'll tickle Mikko's balls bout that too! That's superawesome. And with my monitors, this sure kicks some donkeydick.

Hmm.. good question. The only patch I've shared is my Darkglass bass patch. I don't think I ever used it in a mix though.

Honestly my bass patches are very simple. Cab Pack 11 is mostly responsible for forcing bass to sound natural in a mix.

Back
Top Bottom