QSC RMX 850 RMX or ART SLA2

A

Artoo

Hi guys, its my first post as my ultra should be here later this week.

I am planning to use it with a power amp and a guitar cab to start with and I wondered which of the above amps you think would be best. At the moment I am able to get them both for the same price.

I am mainly playing at home at lowish volumes at the moment but I need to have enough power for small clubs when I get back gigging.

Thanks!

Depends on what you really want. The QSC is a really good amp and has more I/O options but you loss out on space and weight. The Art is also a good little amp but you only get banana/binding post for op connection which some don't like but you gain on weight and space over the QSC.

IMHO if your just a weekend warrior/bedroom player the ART is a cool little amp and will work fine and gets plenty loud. If you plan on running tracks with FR cabs at some point in the future I would look to the QSC.

IMHO if your just a weekend warrior/bedroom player the ART is a cool little amp and will work fine and gets plenty loud. If you plan on running tracks with FR cabs at some point in the future I would look to the QSC.

I would agree with Sixstring...
I own both, and the RMX is a slightly nicer amp (IMO), but it is a little bigger and heavier.
For home use, I plug into my RMX first.
But the SLA2 is really a nice little amp, and it gets PLENTY loud through a 4x12 cab.
Both are great with the Axe.

Hey, I have a QSC RMX850 for sale if you still haven't bought it. It's $200 or best offer and so far $200 would be the best one! PM me if you're interested. I like the RMX but I'm going for a more distorted sound now...

Here is my experience...

The FIRST time I owned an Axe FX, I ran it through a QSC RMX2450...it's a BIG SS poweramp...I ran it into Mills acoustics 4x12s...I was seriously underwhelmed by the results, and could not get it to hold up in a load metal band, even though the amp was putting out so much wattage.

I sold the Axe FX.

Recording then became a BIG priority for me, so I got another Axe. This time, live, I ran it through a VHT 2/90/2...AMAZING sound. I'm getting much better dialing and utilizing the Axe FX, though, and am hoping to go FRFR with a Mackie HD1531...

Moral of the story...I wasn't too impressed with the QSC and the Axe...BUT, it is possible that some of it was due to user error at that point. There is a lot of tweaking in the box...many ways to get things right, but also many to get things wrong.

Eric

I run mine into an RMX1450 and into a Marshall 4x12. Great tone, lots of connection options, great build quality.

Back
Top Bottom