QSC K12 Loudspeaker

craig ferrari

I'm Looking at getting 2 QSC K12 Loudspeaker's or 2 mesa 2x12 cab's has anyone used the QSC K12 Loudspeaker with the axe fx 2 not shire witch one i should go with
i don't go out to play anywhere with them or play in a band i just play at home
Thank's

I have one at the moment - I love it - and am going to add a second to do full stereo setup.. definitely worth it.. there are lots of good options out there. Do your research whats best for you and within your price range.

I tried s K12 years ago. Ended up getting a K10 and liked it for a while. In the end I felt that the QSC stuff had a hyped and bloated low end that I could never get rid of. When I would apply a low cut, it would just not quite sound right to me. Then there was that annoying plastic sounding tweeter. Ultimately, that is what caused me to move on to a CLR and never look back. I love the QCS stuff for general PA use but not for guitar modelers. I must qualify my statements with the fact that I gravitate towards driven Marshall tones - not metal or clean. I have felt that guitar amp distortion and tweeters just don't play well together. I have heard some people get amazing tone though through PA speakers - just not me.

I tried s K12 years ago. Ended up getting a K10 and liked it for a while. In the end I felt that the QSC stuff had a hyped and bloated low end that I could never get rid of. When I would apply a low cut, it would just not quite sound right to me. Then there was that annoying plastic sounding tweeter. Ultimately, that is what caused me to move on to a CLR and never look back. I love the QCS stuff for general PA use but not for guitar modelers. I must qualify my statements with the fact that I gravitate towards driven Marshall tones - not metal or clean. I have felt that guitar amp distortion and tweeters just don't play well together. I have heard some people get amazing tone though through PA speakers - just not me.
thanks' for the input

Took me a minute to wrap my head around the AXE FX, and ultimately what I thought I should be hearing.

Two options:
1: Amp in the Room
2: Recorded Tones

I opted to go with Recorded Tones, and never looked back. This took me about half a year to grasp and make a tone I was happy with. This involved going through studio monitors in the beginning. Then I got a K10.2 and started to really identify with what I thought I needed to hear. I wanted to hear that produced tone that only comes with a final version of a record for release. I bought a second QSC K10.2 and love my setup for just about any volume.

Long story short, figure out which option you want to be hearing, then go from there. I'm very happy with my decision. I also have a 5150, Krank Rev1+, Mesa Recto and a EVH Stealth. Sill love to run through them when I get the feeling for the in the room option, which can also be accomplished with an Axe FX, a power amp, and a guitar cab.

Good luck on your adventure.

Took me a minute to wrap my head around the AXE FX, and ultimately what I thought I should be hearing.

Two options:
1: Amp in the Room
2: Recorded Tones

I opted to go with Recorded Tones, and never looked back. This took me about half a year to grasp and make a tone I was happy with. This involved going through studio monitors in the beginning. Then I got a K10.2 and started to really identify with what I thought I needed to hear. I wanted to hear that produced tone that only comes with a final version of a record for release. I bought a second QSC K10.2 and love my setup for just about any volume.

Long story short, figure out which option you want to be hearing, then go from there. I'm very happy with my decision. I also have a 5150, Krank Rev1+, Mesa Recto and a EVH Stealth. Sill love to run through them when I get the feeling for the in the room option, which can also be accomplished with an Axe FX, a power amp, and a guitar cab.

Good luck on your adventure.
Thank`s

Back
Top Bottom