qsc k12.2 vs qsc 8.2 for axe 3

Third choice - I went with the on sale Yamaha's DXR8 mk2 for an 8" grab and go speaker or to bring stereo to a rig without adding a lot of lug. I leave one EV PXM12 at home and one at the practice space. Yes, I could've gotten a third one of those but wanted something even smaller / lighter where I don't need the decibels.

Haven't done a tonal shootout yet, but as with all things Yam, it's well made, well balanced and feels really solid. I expect it to sound different than the EV, its not a wedge and smaller to boot, but still sound good and in the ballpark. I set the back to cut everything below 100Hz and otherwise left it flat.

I'll report back end of the month with real experience on how it works standalone and pairs with other things.

I have the original K10 the reason I went with the tens was the 12s sounded great with a set of 8s but when paired with the kaub at the store the 10s, to me , sounded best with the K subs. That said after more than 15 years I still haven’t added subs. Love the 10s.

Back
Top Bottom