QSC K10!

So I finally decide to go FR...sold my mesa 4 X 12 and got two K10's...OMG.....last night I was blown away by the "real" axe-fx's sound...what I huuuuge difference going into FRFR speakers! I definitely recommend to those that have been using regular guitar cabs, do yourself favor and go TRY a FR one out! You won't know till you try! Believe me you will be set for life! Couldn't be any happier with my Ultra now! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good to know, I've got a K12 on the way. I've really been worried I won't like the FRFR sound with all the talk about how it is so different from the "amp in the room" tone. How do the K10's handle the low end?

marshall2553 said:
Good to know, I've got a K12 on the way. I've really been worried I won't like the FRFR sound with all the talk about how it is so different from the "amp in the room" tone. How do the K10's handle the low end?

Just fine man! I mean, I had the "deep" setting selected when I first turned the speakers on, after playing a few minutes I had to change it to "flat" 'cause there seem to be excessive low end to the sound imo! You will be hooked I'm sure! Off course it can only get better once you start tweaking. :mrgreen:

Prophetaxxi said:
So I finally decide to go FR...sold my mesa 4 X 12 and got two K10's...OMG.....last night I was blown away by the "real" axe-fx's sound...what I huuuuge difference going into FRFR speakers! I definitely recommend to those that have been using regular guitar cabs, do yourself favor and go TRY a FR one out! You won't know till you try! Believe me you will be set for life! Couldn't be any happier with my Ultra now! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Are you running both the L and R XLR outs (output 1) on the Axe to the inputs on the K10?

The Shredding Hand said:
Prophetaxxi said:

Are you running both the L and R XLR outs (output 1) on the Axe to the inputs on the K10?

Did not have a chance to hook up both speakers yet...will have up and running 2night though.

Prophetaxxi said:
The Shredding Hand said:
Prophetaxxi said:

Did not have a chance to hook up both speakers yet...will have up and running 2night though.

Sorry, I meant for the one K10. Did you have 2 XLR cables running to it (both the L and R outs of Axe) or just one XLR?

I have been using a pair of FBT Hi Maxx40a's. They work really well. I also play a bit of acoustic and banjo, and it is great to be able to run the same setup, using 3 instruments.

FRFR is the way to go.

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom