QSC K10’s to QSC CP8’s?

Fredlos120

Inspired
I’ve used QSC K10’s for years and love them. In an attempt to lighten the load, I’m trying QSC CP 8’s. I do not like them. Anyone find a way to tweak, EQ, etc. to help?

I have K12.2’s. I don’t have any experience with the CP series, but you have dropped down in a few ways that just may not be tolerable. Or you may have to tweak your presets to get them to sound close to your K10’s. I imagine EQ’ing is probably the right direction. I see they’re only 11 lbs lighter. Are you sure that little reduction is worth the difference? What is it specifically that is bothering you?

I have K12.2’s. I don’t have any experience with the CP series, but you have dropped down in a few ways that just may not be tolerable. Or you may have to tweak your presets to get them to sound close to your K10’s. I imagine EQ’ing is probably the right direction. I see they’re only 11 lbs lighter. Are you sure that little reduction is worth the difference? What is it specifically that is bothering you?
Yeah, I was disappointed enough that I put them away. You have motivated me to get them back out so I can answer your question. [I am 69 and the 11 lbs is a big diff for me. :)]

The K10s are pretty good; I used them for years until the Atomic CLR. Like many of their competitors the K10s have an "enhanced" LF response which is not flat (at all). You can tame it somewhat with EQ (-3 dB high-pass shelf filter, starting about 700 Hz).

The K8s are a different animal. Nothing I could do with EQ seemed to bring those things to life. I wouldn't recommend them for monitoring your FM3.

Yeah, I was disappointed enough that I put them away. You have motivated me to get them back out so I can answer your question. [I am 69 and the 11 lbs is a big diff for me. :)]
Yes, I just turned 57 and developing nasty arthritis in my wrist and thumb. Loading equipment was never fun, but is becoming unbearable. I understand your point.

The K10s are pretty good; I used them for years until the Atomic CLR. Like many of their competitors the K10s have an "enhanced" LF response which is not flat (at all). You can tame it somewhat with EQ (-3 dB high-pass shelf filter, starting about 700 Hz).

The K8s are a different animal. Nothing I could do with EQ seemed to bring those things to life. I wouldn't recommend them for monitoring your FM3.
Thanks for the input. but I'm talking about CP8's, not K*'s. Good to know though.

Thanks for the input. but I'm talking about CP8's, not K*'s. Good to know though.

I use one and am pretty happy for my purpose. It depends how much you value your low end. There's only so much of it you can get out of an 8 inch speaker. If you play more yourself or regularly play drop tunings then it may be more important. In a band mix having less low end leaves sonic space for the bass instrument and helps you cut more. The weight savings to me was worth the drop in low end but I mostly play fiddle on stage so it's not quite as important in either context.

Back
Top Bottom