QSC K-series

9-Pin

veus55 said:
I posted the same question last week but got no replies :cry:

I thought I remembered someone else asking about them, but I couldn't remember if it was here or on another forum. :oops: Maybe we should just keep bumping this to the top until someone answers? ;)

I had a meeting a couple months back with one of the head honchos at CCI Music and he's excited about these speakers. He knows the amp designer and thinks the symmetric power architecture (I think that's how he described it) of the class D amps will make for a very 'hi-fi' system. Looking forward to getting my hands on the 10" and 12" model for a test drive.

I wouldn't expect too many folks to have tried them considering they don't appear to be readily available just yet.

I remember someone in here saying something about them being class-d and not being very optimistic about it

... just found the post via google search: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5481

Firstpenguin said:
They're lighter and cheaper mainly because they use the Class D amplifier which I've inquired about products featuring this type of amp on this forum and the more engineering savy members have pointed out the faults of the class D amps. The infamous HPR series uses class H and class AB+B. I can't comment on the differences but they're suppose to significant and possibly worth the extra hundred dollars. I'm quite interested to see how the 10 inch version manages vs the 12.
:?

Some of what they say may be true. But the FBT Maxx 4a uses a Class D amp to power its LF driver and I have heard good reports about its performance.

I may see if the local QSC dealer in town has one to test. My area town is fairly small so, it may be a long shot.

Not all class D's are alike.

Analog-controlled class D. Switching amplifiers with an analog input signal and an analog control system. Normally some degree of feedback error correction is present.

Digitally controlled class D. Amplifiers with a digitally generated control that switches a power stage. No error control is present. Those that do have an error control can be shown to be topologically equivalent to an analog-controlled class D with a DAC in front.

Back
Top Bottom