Q's for folks who've come from an AX8 to the III

Good news: My AXEIII was delivered to my local depot, 5 miles away, earlier this morning

Bad news: Wont be delivered until Monday, and I cant fetch it

Consolation: Off work until Thursday, so to do list scrapped and three days with III coming up!

I'm on the III and I went from Ax8.
For me it was better to create presets from zero, it was fun and useful to study the Axe.

I spent a lot of time in the manual and researching to make sure the III was really what I wanted. Before it arrived I had the whole preset planned out so when it arrived I didn’t even touch the factory presets I just used the quick drag and drop function on the new Axe FX iii edit and had a preset up and running in about an hour.
The only thing that was more confusing than the Ax8 was the foot switch setup.
For this reason alone, Cooper’s class is well worth the money. Cooper teaches the function of the FC’s but also goes in depth on how to customize layouts for live use. I could have researched all this but in one hour I learned essential information that made my FC much more powerful and useful for my live use. It would have taken much longer on my own. I can say the same for many other features of the III.

I think Coopers in depth coverage of each block, feature, and FC pedals is INVALUABLE

like I really think it’s almost a must have, like Austin buddy pack , they should do a package like buy the FCx+Axe3 and you get Austin buddy and cooper class included, now THAT would be a real bundle

I have the Axe II, Axe 8 and AxeIII. The III’s extra DSP power makes the amps sound different/better than the II & 8. Using the Axe Edit and the Quick build feature you can easily rebuild the chain from your Axe8 and tweak from there. I did not use any of my Axe II or 8 patches on the III. They sound good on the old devices....the III is just that much better. IMHO

Well it's here.....................................good lord it's something special, but you all know that already!

Thanks for all the advice, the Cooper Carter class was indeed well worth it.

i would start from scratch, on everything..the III is so far beyond the 8 now that I didn't find much translated, or that I liked new stuff better. Only things that did were some of my time based blocks (delay,verb)

i too just made the switch from the AX8 to the III.

I (like many) had been waiting for the FM3 for however long its been since they announced it but jumped at the opportunity to pick one up locally Friday morning from a fellow fractal board member.

i was instantly blown away by the "feel" of the sound.

super stoked, already put in maybe 25 hours of work into it since Friday, trying really really hard to make 4 basic presets to debut this thing at our gig this Saturday.

i also am not bringing over any of my presets from my AX8....kinda happy i haven't (not because i didn't enjoy them) but as mentioned by another user it forced me to learn more within each setting.

i just checked usps & my FC6 i ordered from another forum member that was scheduled to arrive Wednesday should now arrive tomorrow...(yay for extra time to set it up)

i intended to keep my AX8 as a backup or at home rig for myself & our lead guitarist (since we both used AX8's) but after hearing the differences in the III we both decided to (once released, & they call the people on the wait list from that first hour) Sell our AX8's & get an FM3 as a backup. He's hoping to get his III by end of Q1 in '20

i too just made the switch from the AX8 to the III.

I (like many) had been waiting for the FM3 for however long its been since they announced it but jumped at the opportunity to pick one up locally Friday morning from a fellow fractal board member.

i was instantly blown away by the "feel" of the sound.

super stoked, already put in maybe 25 hours of work into it since Friday, trying really really hard to make 4 basic presets to debut this thing at our gig this Saturday.

i also am not bringing over any of my presets from my AX8....kinda happy i haven't (not because i didn't enjoy them) but as mentioned by another user it forced me to learn more within each setting.

i just checked usps & my FC6 i ordered from another forum member that was scheduled to arrive Wednesday should now arrive tomorrow...(yay for extra time to set it up)

i intended to keep my AX8 as a backup or at home rig for myself & our lead guitarist (since we both used AX8's) but after hearing the differences in the III we both decided to (once released, & they call the people on the wait list from that first hour) Sell our AX8's & get an FM3 as a backup. He's hoping to get his III by end of Q1 in '20

I'm going through Cooper Carters course with the III and stopping just enjoying how bloody good the basic raw amp tones are.

Only had it 24hrs and already delighted with it

My AX8 will be sold in the new year. I don't think I'll get anything transferred across, instead I'll have them both running and use the AX8 settings of my fav presets as a starting point, as I know the III version will be so much better.
The ability of running multiple channels means I can really condense my live rigs down to a few patches, as i think has already been pointed out

Back
Top Bottom