Q2.0 USB level change?

barhrecords

Axe-Master
I have been temporarily using my XL+ as my Pro Tools audio interface.

Since the upgrade from 1.06 to 2.0, my USB levels during recording seem to be hotter? Hotter to the point of clipping during tracking.

I did a system reset and checked the IO -> Audio page and the USB level is correct there.

Anyone else seeing a little hotter signal?

I also had to increase the audio buffer size. Was getting dropouts.

I have been using the XL+ as an audio interface for a while now and didn't do anything radical in my session. Just two tracks.

Do you mean:

A. Clipping is apparent on recorded track of processed signal

or

B. USB playback causes Out 1 Clip LED to light up?

When you say "USB level is correct", do you mean the USB Return Level parameter? What value is "correct"? This parameter has no effect on scenario "A", but high enough playback level can cause "B" if the value is high enough. The LED lights at -1 dBFS IIRC.

If it's "A", some change to the amp model probably resulted in a level increase. You may also want to check Out 1 boost/pad and Global EQ for unexpected values.

Thanks @Bakerman

What I noticed was a preset I made in 1.06 tracked significantly hotter than before. To the point of digital over during tracking.

I reset my global settings after firmware update using the Global -> Reset page.

The utility VU meters look comparable to what they showed pre 2.0 using the same guitar, cable, preset etc. I didn't see significant higher energy but the tracking level was hotter.

Back
Top Bottom