Q for those that use 3 exp. pedals

dk_ace

Experienced
What is the third one for?

I have one I use for volume and the other for wah or occasionally set to bring in a crystals sound.

Do you ever use all three in one patch?

I ask because I have a friend that is modifying my Line 6 Ex-1 to work with my Axe, and I'm trying to decide if I should run 3 exp. pedals or sell one of them.

Thanks,
D

Frankly, I can think of occasions where I would use all 6 expression pedals that will be available once Cliff releases the MFC101 all on the same patch (for example, one pedal controls Wah, one controls volume, one is set to the feedback level on the Delay, one set to the wet / dry mix of the reverb, one set to the wet / dry mix between clean signal and crunch / overdrive and perhaps, one set to the rate of a rotary or trem...

There it is....

Excessive = maybe?

Awesome = definitely...

I know Steve Morse uses three expression pedals just for controlling how much of each different kind of delay goes to the wet rig. One pedal controls the volume of short delay (~ 60ms) , another pedal controls the volume of long delay (~400ms), and the last pedal controls the volume of a looper-like function.

http://www.stevemorse.com/equipment/index.html

Lets see, if I just went crazy...

1 - Master Volume, for an emergency mute, and or full patch fade in effect.

2 - Dynamic Volume, or whatever you want to call it, like you'd use the volume knob on your guitar for, but I prefer using a pedal. I'd set a minimum at about 25% - 30%, and put it just before the amp block.

3 - A pan, so that I could pan between two FX, or amp, or just two totally different signal chains all together.

4 - Wah

5 - Whammy

6 - Delay mix, and or speed

7 - Rotor speed control

8 - Wah 2, Whammy 2, Delay 2 mix, and speed, and Ringmod mix all connected to one control for some major FX chaos!!!

Man I could go nutz with CCs. There could be 100 jacks, and assignments for CCs in the back of my MIDI pedal and I bet I could find a way to fill them all in one patch.

To bad you can only use 8 in one patch. :lol:

But as of late that's play time. Mostly when I write a patch for something serious it's just an amp a slight reverb, a wah, and a volume. But that's only because I haven't had the opportunity to write a song that really needed all of that other stuff.

One day!!! ;)

Hi,

I've got a GCP and two expression pedals that I've currently got hooked up through the GCP.

Is it possible to also hook more expression pedals to the back of the axe-fx, to use all 4 pedal inputs?

I'm just wondering how people have more than 2 hooked up.

Cheers

Think about how many you'd need to use at the same time. That's as many as you'd need. I used to have fantasies about a mess of expression pedals, but since I can assign a mess of different functions (at the same time, if I like) to the same pedal with the AFx, a lot of it is redundant. I'm not likely to need a wah and a whammy and a delay feedback and a modulation speed controller at the same time. I'm probably going to leave most of that in place and just wiggle a single pedal. Maybe two if I get a little nutty.

Back
Top Bottom