PVH Advice Sought!

Drama

Inspired
So, I really want to like this model but I can't get it to sound... tight I guess for want of a better word.

Anyone use this regularly and have any suggestions for me?

Here's a quick clip of the PVH preset, latest firmware, banks, resets etc. I've bypassed the reverb and delay on here, aside from that it's default to the preset. I've had some success with different cabs but I'm yet to find a stock cab I really really like. I think I probably need to invest in some third party extras and get around to taking some IR's of some of my own.

Anyways, here's the clip, any advice on this sim is much appreciated.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13108344/pvh.mp3

Did you update the banks? There is a PVH preset with V30s it sounds pretty good. Use less drive and turn up the power-amp. Compensate with lowering the level.

Yeah, it was latest banks etc. That clip was just Preset 25 bank A with the reverb and delay bypassed, nothing I'd spent any time on I just figured it was a starting point that everyone would have access to rather than my not great patch!

I'll give your suggestions a try, the clip has a drive of 6ish and a master of 3, I'm messing around with one of my own now so I'll try some different configs.

Cheers man.

Ok, enjoying this amp a lot more, bringing down the transformer match but running the master harder and backing the gain off is getting me much closer to where I want to be.

Thanks for your reply man, it got me going in the right direction.

Once I'm 100% there I'll repost a clip.

Back
Top Bottom