Putting my fave overdrive stomp box in AX8's chain

I am on the waitlist for AX8 and I'll use it both as Amp modeling and as effects unit direct with my single channel custom made amp; I also have a custom built distorsion stomp box witch is my all time fave, and i'd like to put in in the chain; do i have to use the fx loop?

make sure you don't clip the input of the AX8 if you out it in front.
if you out it in the FXLoop, you can select where you want to add it in the chain

also check out the list of all availaible drive and mod possibility you can do on them, maybe you can recreate your pedal inside of it

You don't have to use the FX loop, but you should be able to. I plan to stick a drive in the FX loop of my AX8 (when I get it) so that I can maintain the ability to control it using scenes.

Well, from personal experience with the FX8, You need to put too much headroom in front of the unit to allow overdrives before input. I put mine out to the front of the amp, much better.

I'd put the drive in the loop. I like comp and wah before the drive, but I absolutely can't have drive after reverb\delay.

Can someone please respond to this thread to see if my notifications are working? I'm on the wait list according to sales but never received the confirmation email and have not been receiving forum notifications either. They told me it was fixed. I don't know what they did. But if someone could respond, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can someone please respond to this thread to see if my notifications are working? I'm on the wait list according to sales but never received the confirmation email and have not been receiving forum notifications either. They told me it was fixed. I don't know what they did. But if someone could respond, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Done

Drives in front of my Axe FX II work just fine.. clean boosting, fuzzin, whatever.. work fantastic. Should be the same w/ the AX8.. and I've also run the Axe FX into the front input of various amps w/ success.

HEY HOT !!! DO YOU HAVE SOME RECOMMENDATION TO SET LEVELS,HEAD ROOM ,ETC,CAUSE ITS VERY CONFUSING FOR NEW USERS OF AX8 O FRACTAL,PLEASE SOME TIP ARE WELCOME !!! HAPPY NEW 2017 !!!

Back
Top Bottom