Purchased the ultra today! question about mark day patches.

mniel8195

Inspired
hey guys i finally sold my gsp 1101 and foot controller and one of my guitars to finance the ultra. It should be here in a couple of days. I will be playing the ultra through an art sla2 power amp going through a marshall 1960 lead cab with celestion 75 watt speakers. My guitar is a eclipse II with seymour duncan blackouts. If you have any advise about my setup i would love to here it. I noticed that mark day is using blackouts in his guitar and i would like to know how to find his patches on the forum as well thanks!

Re: Purchased the ultra today! question about mark day patch

download the ax fx edit.click on preset manager and the second tab on the right is axe exchange click on the source button and you will have to create a username and password.after that just scroll through the different banks.since your getting the newest firmware be cautious of downloading patches that were created on older firmware.i believe firmware 10 starts on bank J.

Re: Purchased the ultra today! question about mark day patch

I am also a new Ultra owner (had it about 2 1/2 weeks) using the SLA-2 thru a 4x12. My best advice is go to the axe wiki page & read everything on it. Be prepared for most of the patches you download to sound quite different from what you have heard online. You will need to tweak them, which is difficult when you are a new user since there are so many parameters that can be tweaked.
If you are anything like me you will want to send the unit back the first few days you have it. It is quite overwhelming & takes a lot of patience to get the tones you want. However I'm starting to get a feel for it & am beginning to really appreciate its versitility. Be patient with it & be prepared to do a lot of reading.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom