Pulling an IR File from my User Cabs

indeloon85

Inspired
Hello,

I just made a few IR's from a Bogner cab last night. Stoked on the sounds, but like an idiot, I sent them straight to the user cab slots (about 6 of them) and didn't "save the file to computer". Is there any way I can pull the file (.ir File) from the user cab slot? Or does that need to happen when you send it from Cab-Lab? Mainly so I can blend the files within Cab-lab. Thanks!

You should be saving your users cabs in Edit to keep them in order in the event of a reboot requirement.

You can always use Fractal-Bot in Receive mode and save them to your computer location of choice. Hope this helps.

Lee

I'm curious about this myself. I know you can backup cabs in .syx format from the Axe using Axe Edit and Fractal Bot, but what about .ir files. I've seen that the various cab packs for sale include them for use in mixing cabs with Cab Lab, but how does one go about converting an existing cab .syx file to .ir format?

After re-reading, I'm not so sure this is possible. What I've read (really more skimming than digesting) I can't find anything supporting my earlier premise. I've been unable to find documentation on this next assumption, but I think the AxeFX II/XL needs the file in .syx, and the .ir files look to be primarily for mixing in Cab-Lab?? I know in Cab-Lab it has the converter going from .ir to .syx. Not sure why you'd want to do this otherwise? If you didn't want the most definition (Ultra rez), my thinking is that you'd capture it in a lower rez format. Please correct me on any and all, that is off base.

Back
Top Bottom