PSA: The FAS Bass amp model.....

I played with the version from Axe-Change and updated it a bit to see if I could find a bass tone that worked for me.
Give it a try and let me know how it works.
Adjust the volume via the Amp Cab - Level adjustment.

SuperBass

I use this all the time when building mini jam/backing tracks. Loop and go!

Hey thanks for that,

Any chance of uploading to this forum (instead of dropbox)? Sorry to be a pain.

Pauly

I played with the version from Axe-Change and updated it a bit to see if I could find a bass tone that worked for me.
Give it a try and let me know how it works.
Adjust the volume via the Amp Cab - Level adjustment.

SuperBass

I use this all the time when building mini jam/backing tracks. Loop and go!

I wasn't working with a preset today. Rather, I built a simple rig today using only the FAS Bass amp and the 1x15 L.A. BASS cab (#66 I believe). I didn't make any adjustments to the Amp or Cab block other than to set the output level of the Amp block to an appropriate level for my nearfield monitors. I was merely demo'ing the ease with which one may build a pleasing bass tone in the AxeFX II and arbitrarily picked the aforementioned Amp model and Cab IR to illustrate the point. The result was as expected - fantastic! The person for whom I demo'd the AxeFX II as a bass signal processor was very impressed. (...so was I :) )

It's getting ridiculously easy to "roll your own" presets these days.
I've been making gig worthy presets for my acoustics that are basically default blocks.
A little tweeze here and there.
A little nip and tuck and your in!
I'm gonna try out these new bass offerings.
Huzzah!

Hey thanks for that,

Any chance of uploading to this forum (instead of dropbox)? Sorry to be a pain.

Pauly

The forums don't appear to provide file upload/download services, only a few picture files per user.
Most of the info here provides links to other services that host those type of files. I.E. SoundCloud
If the forums did host files, it would it would just add lots of problems.
If you take a look at the Axe-Change site there are some Bass presets. Yek also created a nice
Bass preset. I downloaded a couple and combined them till I got the sound I liked.
I didn't upload to the Axe-Change as I was hoping others would snake mine and improve on it. :)
What's wrong with using the Dropbox link?

It's pretty OK, yeah. The SV bass is OK as well. I still miss my '69 and '08 SVTs now and again (though not the weight), as well as a couple of other extremely common bass amps. These two though will get you good tone, and with a good bit of tweaking can net you a lot of bass goodness.

Back
Top Bottom