PSA / Request: UPS Signature

UPS dropped off an expensive “signature required” item today. I was waiting with the garage open. The guy got out and handed it to me. I asked “do I need to sign?”
“No, you’re good.”
“Okay, thanks man!”
He gets into the truck then comes back out and says, “you’re right, I do need a signature. Sorry!”

He was super cool. He was listening to Shelf in the Room by Days of the New. I complimented him on his choice of music and we had a nice little 1-minute discussion about how good that album was.

Interesting...

This is from UPS website, you shouldn't get charged anything
View attachment 106834
There's always a catch with the "delivery change requests to any other addresses" part. I think that's where I questioned delivering to my neighbor while I was away, and the guy didn't answer his door the day he was supposed to be there! (Had asked him if he'd be at home to receive a package, the guy said, "Sure!"). Wasted $5.99 that day. Not doing that again.

Anyway, if the website says MyChoice accounts aren't charged regards what they say, I'd sure ask a rep what's up with that.

Not sure if this has crossed people's minds...with the advent of FM9s soon to ship, does FAS provide signature delivery confirmation with their shipments?

Reason for my concern is that every back to school/holiday season we see an increase of package thefts from recipients' doorsteps, from whatever sales vendors. Just would like others to be aware of their shipments when they arrive and be diligent against theft.

Thanks for reading.
If I remember correctly, FAS sales told me they only ship with signature required.

Thought i would share that I ordered an EV2 now that they are back in stock in Europe, shipped lightning fast by G66 and arrived today (thanks Sussi)

However, the package was left at my door and the driver walked back to his van and drove away. (Captured on Nest Doorbell). Despite this, my "signature" was somehow provided?

If that had been an FM3 or FM9 I would have been quite annoyed....

Thought i would share that I ordered an EV2 now that they are back in stock in Europe, shipped lightning fast by G66 and arrived today (thanks Sussi)

However, the package was left at my door and the driver walked back to his van and drove away. (Captured on Nest Doorbell). Despite this, my "signature" was somehow provided?

If that had been an FM3 or FM9 I would have been quite annoyed....
If perhaps it was FedEx or UPS, there is a $200 limit where above that the package automatically receives a direct or indirect signature. Below that, not the same. No signature required, and the delivery carrier will often leave the package at your door without ringing the doorbell or knocking. Happy to hear your Nest doorbell keeps you informed.

Back
Top Bottom