PSA: Interesting post on the Atomic Amps CLR Forum NOS CLR NEO Flash Sale $899

Apparently nothing. The MKII's power amp runs cooler & is a little louder although still rated at 500 watts. I assume it's more efficient now. Since the post says they have the MKII firmware, there may be no difference. I had a pair of the original neos & the MKII neos together for a while & they sound identical.

What's the difference between these and the MkII models?
Here are the differences and similarities between the original CLR NEO currently on sale for $899 and the currently unavailable (for the next few weeks) MKII NEO:

1) The MKII uses a slightly different component in part of the power amp (from the same manufacturer) that is rated for less power, and as a result generates a little less heat. The equivalent part in the original CLR NEO performs the same function and runs a little warmer.

2) In the process of redesigning to use the new part, we also updated the power management/speaker protection in the firmware which led to a max continuous SPL increase of about 2dB. This new firmware has been installed in original NEO CLR we have in stock. So really this is not a difference in these units available from the flash sale.

3) The original NEO CLR in the flash sale is selling for $899. The new MKII's will be available for a finite amount of time at the current price of $999 to people who are on the list as a courtesy for their long wait. It will then be raised to a higher price, YTBD, to accommodate the new taxes and tariffs they are subject to.

4) More importantly, what is the same: Same exact sound, max SPL, directivity, weight, driver (woofer & tweeter) compliment, cabinet, firmware, hardware and power amp minus the small change detailed in point 1. The performance of the system is the same. Any differences are within the very small window tolerated in any speaker system in the CLR family).

Or ...

Apparently nothing. The MKII's power amp runs cooler & is a little louder although still rated at 500 watts. I assume it's more efficient now. Since the post says they have the MKII firmware, there may be no difference. I had a pair of the original neos & the MKII neos together for a while & they sound identical.

A more succinct version. Nice summary. Thanks!

The original NEO CLR in the flash sale is selling for $899. The new MKII's will be available for a finite amount of time at the current price of $999 to people who are on the list as a courtesy for their long wait. It will then be raised to a higher price, YTBD, to accommodate the new taxes and tariffs they are subject to.

Tom, are the new MKIIs coming out exactly the same as the previous MKIIs?

Hi ESW, I'm not sure exactly what your asking but they are being built to same MKII NEO spec. since we introduced that model. If I'm not understanding you correctly, let me know. Thanks.

Hi ESW, I'm not sure exactly what your asking but they are being built to same MKII NEO spec. since we introduced that model. If I'm not understanding you correctly, let me know. Thanks.

I think you've answered my question. I just wasn't sure if the reason they'd been unavailable for so long was due to a redesign.

Back
Top Bottom