PRS S2 standard, feedback anyone?

I don't own an S2 but I do own a couple USA models and a couple SE models. S2 falls between USA and SE series in that it is built in the USA but has SE quality hardware. I have the cheapest SE solid color 24 you can get, think it was $300 and honestly plays great feels great and after a pickup swap sounds great. S2 should be no different. Only thing that tone wise would be a major difference is pickup mounted to a face plate vrs pickups mounted direct to the body.

Ive only bought one turd PRS that went straight back. That was an SE Torero. Had a floyd's rose with no shimming and the floyde was far to flat for the 12" neck radius of the guitar. At the locking nut both E string were way way way to high with no way to adjust a fixed locking nut. I don't even know how PRS let that thing out of the door. Ive always wondered if the SE custom 24 they sell has the same issue.

...Ive always wondered if the SE custom 24 they sell has the same issue.

I have an SE Custom 24 with a Floyd, and haven't noticed any issue with the height of the E strings at the nut. It was well set up when I bought it, and aside from changing strings when needed, I've not needed to do any adjustments.

I bought an S2 Standard in Antique White about a month ago. It's a keeper. It plays and sounds great.

For me, it holds its own with my other guitars.

Hope that helps.

IMG_1981.jpg

Last edited:
I love my American PRS (never played an Asian import), I think you’ll be happy with the one you linked, very versatile guitar.

The only experience I have is with the SE tremolo vs the core tremolo. My understanding is the S2 shares the same trem as the SE so take this with that in mind. I've had a few core PRS' and tried a couple of SE's and the trem felt softer on the SE's. Not necessarily a bad thing, just very different from the U.S. cores I've owned. Something I couldn't adjust to, or trust the stability of, in the short time I had to evaluate whether to keep the SE or not.

Back
Top Bottom