PRS neck...S2 vs SE

dongzo

Experienced
Hi guys

I've looking into buying my first prs. From surfing the web, I fell in love with the new 2020 SE custom 24 35th anniversary because of the tci pickups with the nice "true" single coil split options.
It's a cheap'ish guitar, at least compared to some of my other stuff, but it seems like ppl are very happy with the SE-model and for now I don't want to go all-in getting a Core.
I've been looking at the S2, and know its is a bit more high-end, but I tend to like the thinner necks. For comparison my favorit guitar at home is the Suhr Guthrie Govan signature ...just love that neck....but I miss that more Gibson'ish sound.
Here in Denmark the only prs retail dealer has gone bankrupt and I don't have the possibility to try any prs guitars.
Would be very grateful if some of you prs-experts out there would chime :)

Cheers

I'm not really a PRS guy, but I picked up one of the Holcomb SEs, and I love the neck on that guitar. It's not normal PRS scale (25.5"), flatter (20" radius) and thin. The whole guitar plays really freaking great. I did replace the nut and tuners, since the ones that come on the SEs tend to be junk, and I've not had any tuning issues since.

thanks for input :)
The tuner replace is for me a must...but didn't know that the nut was crap :/

Read up on the model. Even Holcomb said that the nut was a cheap plastic nut when I saw him locally. Most people just get a Core nut, but my local place had one of the GraphTech TUSQ nuts in stock, so I used that. Hipshot locking tuners. I couldn't believe what PRS wanted for their lockers.

Back
Top Bottom