PRS Advice

To revive my own thread, spent a fun day comparing the DGT to a Silver Sky to a Studio.

I’m super happy with the DGT, plays great and is amazingly versatile, the Silver Sky impressed me - it’s the CS Strat Fender should make

But I’ve realised I’m over Strats - I love the cliched front pickup sound, and the middle pickup was great too. But the bridge pickup always disappoints.

Studio is the perfect partner for the DGT I’ve got, the Studio neck is bigger, but the tones are very modern Super Strat and the DGT does more traditional sounds and a passable Tele.

Amazingly the Studio doesn’t do a bad SG impression btw!

Thanks the advice, now own a DGT and Studio and need to sell some Fender!
I had all the top line fenders and now I don't, that being said the one fender that I worship is my old 63 Strat, it was magic compared to the Luxe Tele and Ultra Strat I sold lol

Hey man. I own three PRS guitars and they are fantastic instruments. A first year issue McCarty Hollowbody, Custom 24 special order, and a gold DGT. I owned a Silver Sky golden mesa, sold it, bought it back, sold it again, and regretted it :) Don't believe the bs out there about them having no soul - I have a beautiful custom shop 58 VOS Les Paul, and several other great guitars, but my PRS guitars are the best playing and sound wonderful, with plenty "soul". Get one .. you'll enjoy it for years!
This is unbelievable! I have exactly the same three PRS guitars, and I also bought, traded, bought back and then sold a golden Mesa SS. And a couple weeks ago, bought one again :) Life is funny!

Back
Top Bottom