Protected power- What are you using?

ghost219

Inspired
We like to use conditioned and isolated power supplies for our individual pedals but I'm not seeing much in regards to power conditioned for what's probably the heart of our rigs, the AX8.

Some are using the courtesy AC plug from their Pedal Power. It's so convenient but it doesn't protect that device. A tech from Voodoo Lab confirmed that it's not protected power.

Thoughts? What are some of your work arounds? I'm personally trying to not resort to a rack mount unit. Monster has a small 2 plug unit that can plug directly into a wall or other power source.

I use the same power conditioning for my analog and digital rigs. Frankly, low voltage (brown out) conditions are as big a concern for me when using my digital rig as over voltage conditions.

My approach is identical to bishop5150 above except I use a rack mount Furman P-1800AR with the P-1800PF on the floor. I like the 1800PF because it has 2 high current receptacles that I use for my tubes amps. For my vintage gear I add an AmpRX Brownie to lower the voltage to 110vac for my old Fender gear.

Very happy with the performance of the Furman and AmpRX devices.

I have two Furman units that I use. I have this in my rack with my Axe-FX and my Matrix power amp. If I'm using a cab I bring the rack and plug the AX8 into it:
http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=01&id=M-8xAR
View attachment 32464

And I use this when I'm just using the AX8 and either my XiTone or Friedman.
http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=01&id=P-1800PF
View attachment 32465

The 1800 is great, but man, unbelievable heavy.

EDIT: never mind, I was thinking of the 1400.

I use a furman power factor pro for real amps or any high current devices. I don't bother with low current electronics.

I just use a simple MOV based surge protector strip builtin to my Gator rack for my XL and CLR rig.

I also have a furman single rack space voltage regulator. I haven't found the need to use it with the Fractal stuff yet.

Back
Top Bottom