proposed Axe FX Plugin controllability...

What kind of reactions do you get trying to get on a plane with the Axe. I would imagine it can be a bit of an issue trying to explain to security that it's a guitar processor and not some sort of BOMB!!!!!! :lol:

I fly with my Ultra all the time and have actually had an easier time with security with the Ultra than with a pedal board. It one piece plus a midi controller and wireless unit instead of a board with 9-10 small objects some with BATERRIES and wires connecting them all together and one box (Power supply) that has wires coming from it and connecting to all the others.

I less reactions with the Ultra then pedalboards. :)

I think the Axe Fx comes off as some kind of computer sometimes to them. :) So far I have never been hassled about the Ultra. It's been scanned and sniffed a few times but only when I have had the rack bag stuffed with lots of electric things. If I take the midi controller and X2 out of the rack bag a place them in their own tray then no worries.

I have in the past had security people pull up pedals to see what is underneath them. :)

Larry

RobertH said:
What kind of reactions do you get trying to get on a plane with the Axe. I would imagine it can be a bit of an issue trying to explain to security that it's a guitar processor and not some sort of BOMB!!!!!! :lol:
Yeah, going through security control is always a fairly drawn out process. I almost always have to take every piece of gear out for them to look at. Always allow an extra 5 minutes or so...

teejay said:
RobertH said:
Yeah, going through security control is always a fairly drawn out process. I almost always have to take every piece of gear out for them to look at. Always allow an extra 5 minutes or so...

Get used to it TeeJay - NO ONE trusts the Aussies! :eek: :lol: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom