Wish Proposal for fast effect editing

Yeah first edit page after the model lists would be good. I think a global option to disable it would be good too. You could have the edit screens pull up automatically while tweaking things at home, but then turn it off for gigs so the screen isn't constantly changing on you if desired.

Since Fractal does not have capacitive switches
What’s interesting is that Cliff said

The switches aren't conventional switches. They are capacitive sense switches. […]

So, that comment was about the FM9, but then we also know that they use the same switch assembly for all the units …

The footswitch PC boards do three switches each. An FM3 has one board. An FC6 has two. An FM9 has three and an FC12 has four.

So maybe there’s something interesting in the back room. Hmmm.

What’s interesting is that Cliff said…
[RE capacitive switches]

@Greg Ferguson can you point me to where he said that please? I didn't know Fractal used those at all.

It's kind of odd to go to that expense and not use that capability. Or can you actually just touch a footswitch to edit the effect it controls, like on the Helix? That was one thing I really liked on there.

What’s interesting is that Cliff said

So, that comment was about the FM9, but then we also know that they use the same switch assembly for all the units …

So maybe there’s something interesting in the back room. Hmmm.
I may be wrong, but I suspect this about the sensor that the mechanical switch interacts with rather than a touch-sensing switch, which is what think @laxu is talking about.

If they are that type it seems odd that they don't have any assigned use by now.

I normally try and avoid nitpicking people's wishes.

But if the active display was controllable by something other than pushbuttons, then I'd rather it be MIDI-controllable.

Having displays change via footswitch introduces too many complications.

If it ever gets implemented like OP wants, then please make it OFF by default.

Thanks @yek, didn't know about that.

Does anyone know if that capability is currently used?
I don't remember reading about any features relating to it, but then again I didn't know it existed at all.
Guess I'll have to go downstairs on my lunch break and touch some footswitches :)
The switch is capacitive, but it's not a touch-sensitive switch. By making the mechanism capacitive, you don't get the loud "ka-chunk" of a conventional all-mechanical switch.

Back
Top Bottom