Wish PROGRAMMABLE OVERALL Expression pedal

Global volume (not as a block, don't want that!)....

... for example not only going from 0% to 100% but being able to program it from 40 or 50 % to 100%.

You will understand this when you see my problem (as posted in another thread):

Quote:

I have my volume pedal from 0% (heel position) to 100% (toe). Problem is that my expression pedal (Misson) has not that wide range of motion and so you cannot "fine tune" your volume easily while you play - the volume changes are at some point either too loud or too silent and always abrupt. It sucks. Are there others with the same problem?

1. Is there a general solution to this?

2. Could this be a solution: I could set the overall volume settings in my pedal go from 50% (heel position, so you can still hear everything but on a lower level) to 100% (toe position). I thought this could make fine tuning easier as I should then double the way on my pedal for the same previous volume changes...

3. If 2. is the only solution, where can I find and change these settings and set my pedal from "50% - 100%"?

Thanks

Panagiotis

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
The modifier settings allow you to define the pedal range (min and max value), which is what you're asking. However, you can also adjust the taper/curve and you might be able to make the pedal "feel" more to your liking.

Check out pages 50-52 of the manual for detailed notes.

Edit: it's not clear from your post, but you might be talking about using a global volume pedal. For advanced parameters such as min/max and custom tapers, you'll have to use a volume block.

The modifier settings allow you to define the pedal range (min and max value), which is what you're asking. However, you can also adjust the taper/curve and you might be able to make the pedal "feel" more to your liking.

Check out pages 50-52 of the manual for detailed notes.

Edit: it's not clear from your post, but you might be talking about using a global volume pedal. For advanced parameters such as min/max and custom tapers, you'll have to use a volume block.
Yeah, I meant global volume (I called it overall volume) and updated the post above. I don't want to waste a block for something "obvious". Just want to set it once and forget about volume....

I thought this should be very easily fixed in an update. I am no software expert though....

Last edited:
I think the volume needs to be flexible as to where it is placed though. I like to have my VOL after the guitar cab and GATE block so that I am not altering the gain or noise reduction. Others like the volume before the amp so they can clean up the sound.
It would be useless being after the reverb and delays using something like CC7 as a midi controller as turning it down will kill any spillover from them.
So, where would you place a hard wired volume? People have different needs and the way it is now is extremely flexible.
Just my thoughts :)

I think the volume needs to be flexible as to where it is placed though. I like to have my VOL after the guitar cab and GATE block so that I am not altering the gain or noise reduction. Others like the volume before the amp so they can clean up the sound.
It would be useless being after the reverb and delays using something like CC7 as a midi controller as turning it down will kill any spillover from them.
So, where would you place a hard wired volume? People have different needs and the way it is now is extremely flexible.
Just my thoughts :)
It actually can be already placed globally pre or post with the current firmware, as far as I know. So no issue with this.

I personally use the volume always in the same way, I just need a fine tuning / percentage setting as I said.

By now, if you want to be completely flexible with volume then, yes, you have to "waste" a volume block. This is what I don't want...

Back
Top Bottom