Program Changes - help please!

On the struggle bus here... I had an AXE FX II and just got an AXE FX 3. I use an Presonus 44 vsl audio interface to axe fx midi in/out to change presets in logic pro x when my band plays live. I've never had this issue with the Axe Fx II... I assumed I'd be able to just put my AXE FX 3 presets in the same preset locations as they were was on my axe fx 2 (it was preset 26), so I made a new one on the axe fx 3, and put it as preset 26 on the axe fx 3. The preset changes no longer work now in logic pro x, even though I haven't changed anything. I also used the 44 vsl as my interface to axe edit 3, and it won't even open anything from the first bank of presets. I can't even get to preset 26. I try to open it and axe edit changes it to 359... I'm super confused and not sure how to fix this. Help me please! Much appreciated!!

Video I made showing the issue

Last edited:
is there a setting for Receive Program Changes in the Setup MIDI menu on the Axe front panel?

what exact message are you sending from Logic?

Make sure you don't have Preset Mapping enabled... Or that it wasn't enabled on the Axe Fx II.

is there a setting for Receive Program Changes in the Setup MIDI menu on the Axe front panel?

what exact message are you sending from Logic?
midi program change from logic pro x from the presonus 44 vsl to the axe fx - the midi light flashes but the preset doesn't change. The program change is turned on in the axe fx iii setup menu on the unit.

No. I’m using the midi out and in from the audio interface into the midi out and in from the axe fx 3. I’m uploading a YouTube video right now to show everything more clearly.
Do you need both in and out on both? Cables going to the right places?

in the video, your MIDI PC Offset is set to 333. this offsets the program changes by 333.

Back
Top Bottom