products for cleaning the axe and mfc?

sk8te4free7

Inspired
Last night i played a backyard show and SO MUCH DUST was in the air and my warrior of an axe/mfc (lol) had dust all over them especially my mfc, nothing was thrown at it but the dust was in the air. What would you guys recommend using to dust off everything? Would i need to open them up to clean better?

If your playing somewhere real dirty,dusty or sandy . I use cling wrap/plastic wrap on my pedalboards works wonders. Works great for liquids too
+1 for the swiffers,canned air for the Axe

My wife uses my vacuum:D... it's commercial grade and destroys anything Walmart, etc. sells.

+1 with the vacuum with brush attachment. I don't trust compressed air of any sort regardless of what the can may say due to potential condensation... public enemy number one with electronics.

I would NOT recommend the canned air for cleaning or dusting the Axe of MFC. Although both are sealed well in their respective chassis, there are still nooks and crannies where dust invades and gets to the inside. The canned air only coaxes the dust get into those places. The best option is to vacuum it off while using the brush attachment or get an new/unused soft-tip paint brush to wipe it off. Sometimes those aerosol cans will get really cold and blow out some condensation...bad news for electronics.

I only know this from experience repairing guitars, amps and electronics for a living...paintbrushes are the best.

REALLLLLLY sorry for the late reply guys, i actually ended up vacuuming the switches and i don't hear any crunching sound when i press the, down. I'm sitll wondering if i should open it up to clean the electronics with the vacuum and brush method..

Back
Top Bottom