Problems with MFC 101 and Mission EP-1 w/ springload

jcalama

So for the longest time, I had my Mission EP-1 hooked up to the Pedal input on the back of my Axe FX 2 and it worked like a charm, no problems.

I got my MFC-101 Mark III yesterday, and so hooked up 2 Boss FV-500's and my Mission EP-1 to the MFC.

I calibrated all 3 pedals on the MFC-101. The two Boss pedals work perfectly, but the Mission EP-1 pedal (with the springload) bounces around constantly (as evidenced by my Wah, which is set to autoengage, constantly engaging and disengaging with no input from my foot as well as the midi in light constantly being lit) in the default heel down position.

The problem does not recur when I plug the Mission EP-1 into the Pedal jack of the Axe FX 2, so for now, the EP-1 is plugged into the Axe FX 2 and the Boss pedals are plugged into the MFC, but I sure would like the cleaner lines of having all my expression pedals plugged into the MFC.

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Juan

TRS cable? Have you tried different XP ports on the MFC for the EP-1? Any chance you can make a video showing the problem?

I'm using TRS cables. I've cycled through all the ports on the MFC. Can't easily make a video right now unfortunately, it's a very strange problem, as it stops jumping around the moment I start using the pedal, but when I leave it in it's place of rest (again, remembering that I have the spring on the EP-1) it bounces around autoengaging and disengaging my wah...

None of this happens when I plug into the back of the Axe FX 2, only with the MFC...

Back
Top Bottom