Problems with IA on MFC

I have my MFC Mark III set up with 5 presets and 11 effects. Switch number 6 has been set to the pitch block for ages. I has recently stopped working. I have tried to get it to switch other blocks, but that doesn't work either. If I go into Edit mode on the unit the switch works fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

does the switch light show that pitch block is in the preset? have you looked to see that switch 6 is still set to pitch block?

Switch 6 is set to pitch block, but there is no light. So, I tried a few other types of blocks and have gotten the same result. I am making sure that the block does exist in the preset that I am controlling. The other switches work just fine. I can only get the switch to light when I am in edit mode. It works completely fine then. But, I cannot get it to see any block at all. I upgraded to the current firmware and got the same result.

have you verified the switch is still set to pitch block in the mfc(not the edit)? pitch block 1 or 2?

Make sure the CC# for the Pitch block is set to its default of 77 in the I/O menu CTRL page. If it's set to anything else, the MFC won't sync with it when in Axe II mode. Also make sure you have Pitch block 1 on the grid and not Pitch block 2. They each have different CC#'s.

Yes, everything is lined up as it should be.
do this as a test: set the Bank Size in the Setup menu to 6 or greater. This will force Switch 6 to be a Preset button. Does it light up and switch presets? Make sure you are NOT in Reveal mode.

if the switch does work, it's probably a configuration issue. if it doesn't work, it leans more toward a hardware issue.

There has been a recurring theme of certain IA switches that just stop functioning. Changing the bank size, saving and then changing bank size back seems to clear this issue.

Happened to me... I've seen at least 2-3 other people report the same issue.

Back
Top Bottom