Problem with using CC with delay Block using FCB1010

Sven

Hey guys.....
I've owned an Ultra 1 since it first came out. I came across this problem I'm having in the very beginning of using the ultra..... but then ended up using a Boss VF-1 half rack in series AFTER the ultra to do the job I wanted.
Now I am wanting to simplify the rig, and have ditched the Boss unit.
What I am wanting to do is have my standard rhythm sound with a delay block. But wanting to bring the delay effect in and out thru the expression pedal on the FCB1010.
What I have noticed, is that if I have my standard rhythm sound, then add a delay block in the sequence with the expression pedal on the fcb1010 controlling the delay effect, the sound has altered... even thought the expression pedal is set to 0 (heel to floor). If I remove the delay block from the chain, the tone of my rhythm sound goes back to normal.
This is why I originally started using the Boss VF-1. I could add the delay with this unit, without changing the natural tone of my sound, and then bring the delay in with the expression pedal.
But when I add a delay block with the Ultra, even though I have the mix level set to zero, it changes my tone and is even a little lower in volume.
What I want to be able to achieve, is having my standard rhythm sound with the delay block in the chain, and bring the mix level of the delayed effect in and out with the expression pedal of the fcb1010. What is the best way of doing that?? Because the way I am doing it (which from what I can understand is the simplest way of doing it) doesn't seem to work too well whilst trying to preserve my original tone.
Any help with this situation would be truly appreciated!!
Cheers guys!!! \m/

Hi I use the delay with the FCB1010 (uno chip to tap tempo and stomp box). The methode that I use is the expression pedal control the input gain. Try to do a preset with the delay ON and the input gain at zero.
Whats your rig?
Send me your preset.

Back
Top Bottom