Problem with USB to Mac connection

So after a long period of wait I finally got my Axe FX II. Today I tried to record some stuff via the USB Port. I am using a MacBook Pro, Logic 9 and a M-Audio Fast Track Pro. I already set the input source at the Mac to the Axe FX II, and I also recognized some sound going into the Mac via the input meter. But there didn't come any sound out of the loudspeakers which are connected to the Mac via the M-Audio (shouldn't there be already some sound?). I also disconnected the M-Audio then, but still no sound, I hoped that there will be something coming out through the Mac's loudspeakers, or do I have to use Logic to get some sound?

Are you sure that your interface is selected as your output? Here's how I get sound into my

1. I have set my output on my computer as my interface (Saffire Pro 14) as I have my monitors hooked up to them. My axe-II is connected via USB.
2. I open Logic
3. I select new project, and create an audio file (mono or stereo)
4. I select my audio input to be the Axe-fx II within Logic, and make sure my output is set to my interface (If I remember correctly, Logic automatically set up my Axe-II as my output, which I simply had to override the first time).
5. Make sure that input monitoring is on, or the red "record" button is on for your track, or there will be no sound coming out of the audio track at all.

If this doesn't help, I'd contact support.

Back
Top Bottom