Problem with Active Pickups

mets1969

Inspired
Playing through Ultra I am getting alot of high feedback with several guitars I own with active pick ups. Anyone have a solution. I am powering Ultra with seperate poweramp. I am using a Furman for clean power and Passive speakers. Any help would be great. Regular pickups work fine.

Thanks For Any Help :)

It's possible you may need to lower the drive and gain settings with the axe-fx to compensate for the added boost from your active guitars.

Also make sure you have your gate set up correctly, it will act different with active and passive pickups

Frank C said:
Also make sure you have your gate set up correctly, it will act different with active and passive pickups

How do you access the gate and do you have to do it for each preset or is it global ?

mets1969 said:
Frank C said:

How do you access the gate and do you have to do it for each preset or is it global ?

Press Layout, 3rd tab, it's on a per preset base.

My problem is, when I finally dial in the great tone/sound I want form the Axe FX, the red lights under the green screen clip causing me to turn down levels and I lose my great tone !

If turning down your gain/volume/level, levels stops the feedback, it may also take away from the tone you seek.

To compensate for this, I was wondering if using CLEAN BOOST PEDALS "AFTER" The ULTRA right before my Power Amp would allow me to turn down levels to keep the Axe from clipping, but boost the tone there after into the power amp.

I am talking about real physical BOOST Pedals for $200 each, not anything in the axe ultra, you dig?

Has anyone done this or have experience with using Clean Boosts AFTER the Axe Ultra ?

The thing that I do is have two overdrives in the Axe. One in front just for a little clean boost and EQ and one after the virtual amp and or cab depending what I'm going through. The second overdrive allows for the overall level to be set and what seems to be the overall gain.

Back
Top Bottom