larryseyer

Inspired
Here is what I did:

Backed up my patches.

Upgraded from 6.02 directly to 8.0

Turned machine off then back on.

Loaded the 7.0 patches

Re-loaded my patches.

In each patch, I changed from the amp model from the X portion to some other model then back to my original amp model.

Did this for the Y portion also.

Resaved the patch.

Did this for the remaining 9 patches.

Re-loaded original patch.

Hit my XY switch pedal and there was no sound.

Upon inspecting, I found that the drive was 0 and other settings were set to zero.

Larry

I saw weird things with the presence parameter on the advanced page after updating v7 to v8. All the X versions had the right 1.00 setting but all the Y versions had something weird like .400, .426 or .900. All these presets had a custom frequency chosen but was the same in all presets, X & Y. No Axe Edit involved at all.

I saw weird things with the presence parameter on the advanced page after updating v7 to v8. All the X versions had the right 1.00 setting but all the Y versions had something weird like .400, .426 or .900. All these presets had a custom frequency chosen but was the same in all presets, X & Y. No Axe Edit involved at all.

I'm not sure I get this? Can you explain again

After installing v8, my X amp presence setting in the advanced page is 1.00 which is correct. The same presets Y amp setting is a random number always much lower than 1.00, .400 or .429 or .900 for example. It's a random number depending on the preset. All the presence settings for X & Y were the same in v7, but not the default setting of 1000k. Since the presence settings in both the X & Y version were the same in v7, shouldn't they be 1.00 for both in v8?

This was originally posted late Wednesday night, but saw this thread and consolidated my posts

Amp X/Y not saving correctly in 8.0

Was creating patches for 8.0 tonight. I wanted to retrieve Amp 1 from one patch and save to another. The Y Amp `had no audio and even the settings, ie. gain, master etc, are not saving correctly in the amp either. This was through the front panel, no USB connection. I connected to Axe Edit to see if I could copy and paste the amp into the preset, same results. I noticed Amp 1 in Axe Edit shows 65 Bassguy with the Drive, Gain, Master on "0". Even when I correct it through the front panel, and refreshed from hardware, Axe Edit still defaults Amp 1 to 65 Bassguy. I then just copied Y to X so both amps would be the same. Still shows 65 Bassguy for Amp 1 and the settings, Drive, Master etc. are not correct.

On my first attempt I was not connected w/ USB. Just tried to retrieve Amp 1 through front panel to put in another patch. Didn't show up on the Axe FX 2’s screen as 65 Bassguy, but it did default to X Amp even though original Amp retrieved was saved to the Y state. I also had no audio going through Output to speaker. Started to investigate Layout, and when I got to the Amp block, Drive was on 0, Bass was on O, Master was on O and Speaker Page showed the Frequency Curve in a horseshoe shape, Bass and Hi Res were both on O. Correcting all these manually through front panel fixed the problem of having no audio. Verified same problem after 3 times of rebooting, had the same problem w/ no USB connection. Axe FX2 crashed twice during this test, none of the buttons worked, and second time screen went blank. When I connected to Axe Edit, and I looked at top right screen at Amp 1/Amp2, when on the X Amp the display at top would display the correct Amps for 1 & 2, if I switched to the Y Amp, display would change to show Amp 1 incorrectly as 65 Bassguy and I would lose audio. Backed up my settings and reloaded v8.0 software. So far, this has corrected the problem when USB is not connected and using the front panel to edit, but did not correct the issue when using Axe Edit. Axe Edit still shows 65 Bassguy incorrectly as Amp1 when I select the Y Amp. Kind of tough to explain it all, hope this makes sense.

I'm seeing it too. Flip to the Y amp block, and it goes to bassman with some very strange field labels in AxeEdit. It also changes parameters in the AFX itself, so if you dont know this is happening and hit the save button, you will overwrite the Y block with the bad bassman settings.

Looking forward to the new editor!

This was originally posted late Wednesday night, but saw this thread and consolidated my posts

Amp X/Y not saving correctly in 8.0

Was creating patches for 8.0 tonight. I wanted to retrieve Amp 1 from one patch and save to another. The Y Amp `had no audio and even the settings, ie. gain, master etc, are not saving correctly in the amp either. This was through the front panel, no USB connection. I connected to Axe Edit to see if I could copy and paste the amp into the preset, same results. I noticed Amp 1 in Axe Edit shows 65 Bassguy with the Drive, Gain, Master on "0". Even when I correct it through the front panel, and refreshed from hardware, Axe Edit still defaults Amp 1 to 65 Bassguy. I then just copied Y to X so both amps would be the same. Still shows 65 Bassguy for Amp 1 and the settings, Drive, Master etc. are not correct.

On my first attempt I was not connected w/ USB. Just tried to retrieve Amp 1 through front panel to put in another patch. Didn't show up on the Axe FX 2’s screen as 65 Bassguy, but it did default to X Amp even though original Amp retrieved was saved to the Y state. I also had no audio going through Output to speaker. Started to investigate Layout, and when I got to the Amp block, Drive was on 0, Bass was on O, Master was on O and Speaker Page showed the Frequency Curve in a horseshoe shape, Bass and Hi Res were both on O. Correcting all these manually through front panel fixed the problem of having no audio. Verified same problem after 3 times of rebooting, had the same problem w/ no USB connection. Axe FX2 crashed twice during this test, none of the buttons worked, and second time screen went blank. When I connected to Axe Edit, and I looked at top right screen at Amp 1/Amp2, when on the X Amp the display at top would display the correct Amps for 1 & 2, if I switched to the Y Amp, display would change to show Amp 1 incorrectly as 65 Bassguy and I would lose audio. Backed up my settings and reloaded v8.0 software. So far, this has corrected the problem when USB is not connected and using the front panel to edit, but did not correct the issue when using Axe Edit. Axe Edit still shows 65 Bassguy incorrectly as Amp1 when I select the Y Amp. Kind of tough to explain it all, hope this makes sense.

Ouch. I'm having the same problem. I thought I was going nuts... Reloaded / re-installed Axe Edit and all sorts of stuff.

However, the way I first experienced the issue was when copying and pasting an amp in Axe Edit. As soon as I copied and pasted an amp (did not try with other blocks), the sound went mute and "Bassguy" with wild settings took over.

Axe-Fx II Firmware v 8.01a
Axe Edit v 1.0.317

Last edited:
Do not use Axe-Edit. There are tens if not hundeds of threads warning about using AE at this moment.

Do not use Axe-Edit. There are tens if not hundeds of threads warning about using AE at this moment.

:(

I've become increasingly better at editing using the Axe-Fx without Axe-Edit, but I don't know how to copy and paste a block without the software.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Back
Top Bottom