Problem routing piezo through In/Out 2

Apparently we're now working on two separate problems.
No sound from the piezo at output 2 and answering the question of how to add effect blocks to a second signal.
I'm just trying to find a methodical approach to solve this.
Unfortunately that does mean checking obvious things like :
Is the FXL block in the matrix, is it or is it not bypassed etc.

The SND, RTN and FXL being placed in that way are crucial to doing what he asked (running into Input 2 and getting that sound at Output 2). Once he gets sound by following those steps or loading/checking that preset file, adding effects shouldn't cause any issues.

I just tested and it works for me. Using rear Input2 Left, and Output2.

Do you have Input2/Output2 at the front turned up?

Is there In 2 & Out 2 meter activity at the Utility menu status page? A few uses have mentioned a loose internal connection was the culprit for no Out 2 signal. You might want to contact support if there's meter movement but no sound.

None of the level settings in PEQ or REV blocks have been turned down or are muted?
Just thinking out loud here, but could it then be either a balance setting or something in your I/O configuration for output 2?
If not, I'm running out of suggestions.

Just to verify:

- guitar goes into Input2/Eff.Return, left
- output2/Eff.Send goes to monitors
- Input2 and Out2 knobs at the front are turned up
- I/O menu: n/a
- Global menu: global EQ2 isn't muted
- Layout menu > Mix: default
- Grid: RETURN (mix 100%) in first column, connected to FXL (default, connected to SEND (not in last column and not connected to output)

PS Man, there's a 3-person support team at work here. :)

Is there In 2 & Out 2 meter activity at the Utility menu status page? A few uses have mentioned a loose internal connection was the culprit for no Out 2 signal. You might want to contact support if there's meter movement but no sound.

L2 and R2 meters are lighting up. No sound though.

Just to verify:

- guitar goes into Input2/Eff.Return, left
- output2/Eff.Send goes to monitors
- Input2 and Out2 knobs at the front are turned up
- I/O menu: n/a
- Global menu: global EQ2 isn't muted
- Layout menu > Mix: default
- Grid: RETURN (mix 100%) in first column, connected to FXL (default, connected to SEND (not in last column and not connected to output)

PS Man, there's a 3-person support team at work here. :)

Yes, that's correct. I have PEQ and REV blocks in between the FXL and SND.

Here is my patch for the song Bohemian Like You. I think this is what you are trying to achieve - apart from I use both rear inputs on this patch.

It uses input 2 left and input 2 right. I think mag pickup is left, piezo is right (but I could be wrong on that is all my wiring is tucked away and not visible).

The top line is for the mag pickup, so you could break the cable between the loop and the top PanTrem, and instead connect the top Pan Trem to the input block on the far left.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• 003 - Bohemian Like You.syx
    2 KB · Views: 9
Here is my patch for the song Bohemian Like You. I think this is what you are trying to achieve - apart from I use both rear inputs on this patch.

It uses input 2 left and input 2 right. I think mag pickup is left, piezo is right (but I could be wrong on that is all my wiring is tucked away and not visible).

The top line is for the mag pickup, so you could break the cable between the loop and the top PanTrem, and instead connect the top Pan Trem to the input block on the far left.

Hope that helps!
Andy, it looks like your piezo is routed to Out 1... In any event, I get no output at all from the FX loop. :/

So no movement on the 7th & 8th meters on that page? Because those are output meters, also labeled L2 and R2.

What do you have plugged into In 2 L/R? There should only be signal on the left meter (regardless of input 2 mode) if you're only plugged into In 2 Left.

That there's no movement on the output meters indicates there's probably still something not set/routed properly in the preset. Can you post it or view/load the one I attached earlier?

Back
Top Bottom