Probably an easy solution

tommyh

Inspired
Hi, I use a Voice Live 2 harmonizer with my FM9; I need a clean guitar signal for the Voicelive 2 guitar input from the FM9 OUTPUT 2 ; I do not
want my main guitar sound (output 1 ) which has effects on it interfering with the clean guitar signal; I tried but failed ; thanx in advance

The VoiceLive really wants your direct guitar signal. Which is more specific than even "clean guitar signal". Thankfully, this is pretty easy to do. There are two ways to do this.

The REALLY Simple Way

This way makes Output 3 a copy of whatever occurs at Input 1.
  • Connect Output 3 on your FM9 to the Guitar In on the VoiceLive
  • On the FM9, set Output 3's Copy Input 1 setting to On. Like this:
Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 11.07.28 AM.png

Now Output 3 simply presents whatever you give the FM9 at Input 1. Which should always be your guitar and the guitar level. Super easy.

The Slightly Less Simple Way

This way makes Output 2 a copy of whatever occurs at Input 1. There's no global way to do this though. You have to do this in every preset where you want to use the VoiceLive with that preset while you play.
  • Connect Output 2 on your FM9 to the Guitar In on the VoiceLivce
  • In every preset where you want to use the VoiceLive with the FM9, do this:
Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 2.43.19 PM.png

This will take whatever is presented to Input 1 and mirror it on Output 2. Note: this approach also works with the Output 3 block, but you can do a mirror on Input 1 to Output 3 with a global setting as I mentioned above.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
The VoiceLive really wants your direct guitar signal. Which is more specific than even "clean guitar signal". Thankfully, this is pretty easy to do. There are two ways to do this.

The REALLY Simple Way

View attachment 92502

Now Output 3 simply presents whatever you give the FM9 at Input 1. Which should always be your guitar and the guitar level. Super easy.

This way makes Output 2 a copy of whatever occurs at Input 1. There's no global way to do this though. You have to do this in every preset where you want to use the VoiceLive with that preset while you play.
View attachment 92503

This will take whatever is presented to Input 1 and mirror it on Output 2.

Hope this helps!
Just a note that your screen shows Output 3 block but your description mentions Output 2. Might be a source of confusion ;)

Otherwise the OP can just imagine the highlighted block is Output 2 instead.

The REALLY Simple Way

View attachment 92502

View attachment 92509

This will take whatever is presented to Input 1 and mirror it on Output 2. Note: this approach also works with the Output 3 block, but you can do a mirror on Input 1 to Output 3 with a global setting as I mentioned above.

Hope this helps!

The REALLY Simple Way

View attachment 92502

View attachment 92509

Hope this helps!

Wow nice tips!!!
I have been using the "less simple way", but normally only use one Preset for gigging... for now.
The global setting makes so much more sense for using multiple presets with the VL2.
Thank you!
Wally

Back
Top Bottom