Print Setlist / Song Parameters

22 frets

Experienced
Is there any way to get a print out of the Songs and parameters for a Setlist? I would like to get a hardcopy of my Setlist. Especially what parameters I have set up for each song. It would be handy for keeping multiple Setlists organized and for verifying parameters.

Yes, you can export the Setlist data. While the filename generated does not have an .xml extension, it is an XML file. I imported this into Excel. Once there, query and filter your data as desired.

I setup a Pivot table with Slicers for Song, Preset, Scene, and SceneName. I can click on any song title, and see which Preset and Scenes are used. Or, click on a preset, and see all the songs that use it. This last one has been particularly handy for me to avoid altering a preset/scene that is used in some other song.

Here, I selected Rosanna, and see it's preset 409 (for me, that's a Friedman HBE), and you can see the Scenes used.
1660942703020.png

Before tweaking something and inadvertently wrecking another Song, I can filter on Preset 409, and see it's used in 2 other songs.

1660942915144.png

Yes, you can export the Setlist data. While the filename generated does not have an .xml extension, it is an XML file. I imported this into Excel. Once there, query and filter your data as desired.

I setup a Pivot table with Slicers for Song, Preset, Scene, and SceneName. I can click on any song title, and see which Preset and Scenes are used. Or, click on a preset, and see all the songs that use it. This last one has been particularly handy for me to avoid altering a preset/scene that is used in some other song.

Here, I selected Rosanna, and see it's preset 409 (for me, that's a Friedman HBE), and you can see the Scenes used.
View attachment 106836

Before tweaking something and inadvertently wrecking another Song, I can filter on Preset 409, and see it's used in 2 other songs.

View attachment 106837
This is great. It is actually more than I was looking for (as far as using a pivot table, etc.). I will try exporting the file and seeing what I can do with it in Excel. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

View attachment 106836

View attachment 106837
Excuse me for asking. But how to export. Is it done by doing a backup?

Very new to all Fractal stuff. Still have heaps to learn 😁

@R89897
In FM9 Edit go to Sets/Songs in the upper right hand corner of the main screen. This opens the Setlist editing screen. In the upper left hand corner of this screen you will see "Setlists" with an arrow to open a pull-down menu. From this menu you can select Export or Export All. Export for the current Setlist and Export All to export all four Setlists. You will be prompted for where you want to save the Export. I think this is the file that is in XML format. You can also use this process to import back into the FM9. Hope this helps. Welcome to the Fractal experience!

View attachment 106836

View attachment 106837
When the setlists were first introduced I noticed that they were XML files and thought there’d be a way to take advantage of a spreadsheet to view, or maybe even create or edit them. It’s nice to see what you’re doing!

I’d like to see something similar for presets, so we could easily track which presets we use specific blocks in, kind of an inventory system.

Back
Top Bottom