Prince Tone. Preset. Demo vid.

Burgs

Power User
An ode to my favourite little clean Fender, the mighty Prince Tone. I use it often in my stage patches and love it. Give it a shot if you're so inclined. The video below runs through the different Scenes and will tell the story. You'll need FW. 23.05 or later to run it.

Axe-Change d/l link: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10722

Attachments

• The PrinceTone.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
I wonder how many songs were cut in studios over the years using either the Princeton or the Deluxe. They're the epitome of so many song's tones.

The Princeton Reverb always surprises me with its full lows, even with the 10" speaker. There are easy power supply mods that bump it up a bit, encroaching on the Deluxe Reverb's territory - good enough for a smaller gig, with real output tube crunch....

Sweet playin there Brett! (Like that’s something new. Lol) 👊

The Princeton Reverb always surprises me with its full lows, even with the 10" speaker. There are easy power supply mods that bump it up a bit, encroaching on the Deluxe Reverb's territory - good enough for a smaller gig, with real output tube crunch....
I had a Princeton when I was 17-18, in 1977/78. Loved that little amp. One day was playing some Rush or Kiss song (both got a heavy rotation of n the old 8-track), and pzzzzzttt with a little cloud of smoke, and that was all she wrote. I hadn’t yet repaired or modded any amps, so I’m pretty sure my step-father chunked it straight into the trash. 😩

Glad we don’t have that as an outcome on the AF3! 😊

Last edited:
Your presets have been some of the tops I've found on Axe change. Thanks for sharing.
Would love to see more !

Reactions: JTI
Your presets have been some of the tops I've found on Axe change. Thanks for sharing.
Would love to see more !
100%. Just grabbed this is and it's just like every other one I've tried. As someone who has an easy time dialing in things that sandblast the face off; I love grabbing something that gives me vintage vibes on amps I have never used IRL. Great stuff.

Great patch thanks for that. Transformed it to my FM3 but had to leave out a few blocks; the ones I never use like flanger, phaser and the reverb. Your exploration permitted me to discover the Aurore Multidelay, definitely a goldmine !

I enjoyed listening to your playing. The scene variations and playing variations were well done. Thanks for the preset, as with all your presets.

Back
Top Bottom