PRIMUS using AxeFx II live!

LKnight4949

Inspired
Went to see Primus last night in Tucson Arizona for the 3d tour. Incredible show. Out of the hundreds of concerts I've been to, ranks in my top 5 easily.

Before they came on I saw that familiar green screen, with the flashing tempo light that I see in my bedroom daily on top of Larry's stack of Orange amps/cabs. Quite surprising actually. Throughout the set, I KNOW I heard some familiar amp sims piping in through the FOH. All the songs sounded freaking dead on and each sounded like it had it's individual tone from the albums matched. Sounded crystal clear.

My friends commented it was one of the best sounding shows they have been to as well.

Nice to see Larry Lalonde in the Fractal Audio family.

Here is a rig rundown from the Green Naugahyde tour which was only about a year ago. No AxeFX there.
I wonder how much of that crazy pedal board got replaced. He wasn't using those cabinet/heads last night either. It looked like Orange all the way.

You can see AFX2 & the MFC in the rehearsal photo of their gear too:
1263076_10151924388626703_596130197_o.jpg

Nice!! Love me some Primus and thought Green Naugahyde was fantastic.

Now if there was only enough bass love in the Axe to persuade Les to switch...

very cool! love Primus...saw them many times live. Guess he's only using it as an effects processor? no modelling stuff..
Now Claypool has to join the gang too!

Awesome! I was a huge Primus fan back in the 90s. Didn't really care for much they put out after Tales from the Punchbowl. Their first 3 albums are my faves. I'll have to check out their latest. I didn't even know it was out.

judging from that picture he still using a lot of pedals and a real amp so I am also curious what he is using the Axe fx for. Not sure how is all combining this.

Back
Top Bottom