Primus and Axe FX

Ziyan

I've been a long time Primus fan and have seen both Primus and Les Claypool's assorted projects more times than I can count.

As far as Primus goes though, I went to go see them this past weekend and I was blown away - not just because of the performance (because that always happens) - but because of the sound. Festival sound can be tough to nail but they sounded incredible from both up front and afar. One of the biggest factors for the sound was how nicely the guitars sat in the mix and how clearly they ran through.

Then I looked behind Ler and saw a familiar black box.

ty5usemy.jpg
e5ajy9yn.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've seen primus about 6 times. the last time (or 2nd to last?) Ler's tone sucked. He was using Fender amps it looked like. he needs a marshall crunch tone really. I can't wait to get my XL, seems like everybody is using these amps...

Wouldn't be the first time anyone set up a backline for appearance’s sake. I've even seen local bands do it.

Saw primus on the 3d tour a year or two ago. Was using axefx then. Strangely I kept seeing the clipping light keep going off throughout the set.

Saw primus on the 3d tour a year or two ago. Was using axefx then. Strangely I kept seeing the clipping light keep going off throughout the set.

Haha the clipping light kept going off this time as well!

Haha the clipping light kept going off this time as well!

The guitar player of Gary Numan was also using an Axe-Fx II, and there also was clipping all the way.....maybe they all should risk a look inside the Axefx-Forum....

His rig is pretty easy to figure out. 3 orange rockerverb 50 combos, 2 orange dual terrors driving the 2x12 cabs below left and right rocker 50 combo, axefx running thru center rockerverb fx loop.

As for clipping light...if it sounds bad, adjust. If it doesn't negatively affect the sound, who cares?

Back
Top Bottom