Previous Guitar Setup (Pearce Preamp)

markmusicman

Experienced
I thought it would be cool to have a post where users could list their old guitar setup prior to their Axe Fx. I have been using a Pearce preamp along with a Boss Gt10 for quite awhile. I have had the Pearce since the early 90s. This would be a great preamp or amp for Cliff to sample. I guy by the name of Dan Pearce produced these out of Buffalo. He also had a bass version which Billy Sheehan still uses today. He produced amps and preamps. I am keeping my old system as backup, i'd love to have a backup Axe Fx but cant afford it at this time. What was your old setup and do you still have it?

I thought it would be cool to have a post where users could list their old guitar setup prior to their Axe Fx. I have been using a Pearce preamp along with a Boss Gt10 for quite awhile. I have had the Pearce since the early 90s. This would be a great preamp or amp for Cliff to sample. I guy by the name of Dan Pearce produced these out of Buffalo. He also had a bass version which Billy Sheehan still uses today. He produced amps and preamps. I am keeping my old system as backup, i'd love to have a backup Axe Fx but cant afford it at this time. What was your old setup and do you still have it?

Yeah, these are solid state IIRC, right? I work with a guitarist that uses the 2 channel rack head powering a vox AC30 cabinet and it sounds really good! Built in digital FX and such. I remember these as being the cat's ass back in the day, compared to the other solid state amps that were available back in the late 1980s.

That's the one, I have just the Preamp its called a g2x. They did produce the amp the controls looked allot like the the preamp, I think it would be a great amp for Cliff to check out, I don't know anyone who has the amp but maybe somebody on here might have one. The clean channel is amazing also, I have been able to get a pretty close to Eric Johnson's clean tones with it combined with the Tc-Electronics Stereo chorus.

Back
Top Bottom